OpenSfM Integration

Stephen Mather-2
Hi All,

The below conversation about PBA, etc. made me realize I need to
update you all on some developments for the next month or so.

As many of you know, there is a pull request lingering out there for
integrating an OpenSfM powered ODM branch.

https://github.com/OpenDroneMap/OpenDroneMap/pull/50

OpenSfM is the Python library that Mapillary uses as a wrapper and
enhancement to OpenCV's functionality. As such, they have done a lot
of work to optimize it, ensure it threads well, and even solved the
problem of incremental SfM solutions.

Over the next month, they are going to enhance their work on the above
pull requests

- Update ODM to use latest OpenSfM
- Tests using the ODM datasets
- Accelerate feature matching (test cascade matching)
- Add/test multi-core bundling to OpenSfM

This is not a wholesale replacement of Bundler and friends, but an
alternative toolchain.

Cheers!
Best,
Steve