OpenSearch for EO Examples or Help?

GeoServer - User mailing list

Hello,

I am an intern and I am working with GeoServer for satellite data.

I am trying to use the OpenSearch for EO plugin because it seems to do exactly what I want to do. I have been using the GeoServer User Manual. However, I am having difficulty figuring out how to use OpenSearch.

Are there any examples that I can use to figure this out? Or is there anyone I can talk to?

Thanks,

Hiyori

Re: OpenSearch for EO Examples or Help?

geowolf
Hi Hiyori,
from your message I assume you have read the full documentation:

Did you also check the protocol specification?

What sort of example are you looking for? The tests contain a bunch of OpenSearch requests to look at:
same goes for the REST management operations:

Hope this helps

Cheers
Andrea

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 3:00 PM Andrea Aime <[hidden email]> wrote:
same goes for the REST management operations:

Sorry, pasted the wrong link above, see here:

Cheers
Andrea

==

GeoServer Professional Services from the experts! Visit http://goo.gl/it488V for more information. == Ing. Andrea Aime @geowolf Technical Lead GeoSolutions S.A.S. Via di Montramito 3/A 55054 Massarosa (LU) phone: +39 0584 962313 fax: +39 0584 1660272 mob: +39 339 8844549 http://www.geo-solutions.it http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it ------------------------------------------------------- Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE 2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si precisa che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia. This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: OpenSearch for EO Examples or Help?

GeoServer - User mailing list

Hello Andrea,

Thank you so much for your response! I have read the full documentation and the protocol specification. I have a few follow-up questions.

  1. The link you sent for the REST management operations is the same as the one for the tests, but is this the link you meant?: https://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/api/#/latest/en/api/1.0.0/opensearch-eo.yaml

  1. The OpenSearch requests in the tests do seem helpful. Are there any examples for the automation with the administration REST API, including the collection components (collection.json, description.html, metadata.xml, thumbnail.png, owsLinks.json) and product components (product.json, description.html, metadata.xml, thumbnail.png, owsLinks.json, and granules.json)?

  1. I tried to make my own collection.json file to create a collection, but when I send as a PUT request as listed here (https://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/community/opensearch-eo/automation.html) I get the error

< HTTP/1.1 405 Method Not Allowed

< Allow: GET,POST

And when I send as a POST request as listed here (https://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/api/#/latest/en/api/1.0.0/opensearch-eo.yaml) I get the following error:

< HTTP/1.1 400 collection.json file is missing from the zip

< Cache-Control: must-revalidate,no-cache,no-store

< Server: Jetty(9.4.12.v20180830)

even though collection.zip contains a collection.json file.

Does anyone have any idea what I’m doing wrong or how I can fix this?

I really appreciate any help!

Best,

Hiyori

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 6:05 PM Yoshida, Hiyori C. (GSFC-4740)[GSFC INTERNS] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Andrea,

Thank you so much for your response! I have read the full documentation and the protocol specification. I have a few follow-up questions.

  1. The link you sent for the REST management operations is the same as the one for the tests, but is this the link you meant?: https://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/api/#/latest/en/api/1.0.0/opensearch-eo.yaml

The Swagger API definition can be useful but it's more of a "checkmark item", did not put much effort into it, might be outdated or contain mistakes.

The tests should be a bit better. A bit because community modules are unsupported, and one of the consequences is that tests for the module
are not run (we don't want to drag peopled doing changes in core modules down by having to care about a module that the original dev is not providing support for,
a bit of reciprocity is required).
In the case of the opensearch module, there is only two deployments of it (that I'm aware of), and only one of them uses the REST API.
It's good to see that you're checking the source code in another thread, as an experimental module it helps that you can look into its sources and
figure stuff out (what all community modules really need is extra devs and sponsors, more than they need extra users).

  1. The OpenSearch requests in the tests do seem helpful. Are there any examples for the automation with the administration REST API, including the collection components (collection.json, description.html, metadata.xml, thumbnail.png, owsLinks.json) and product components (product.json, description.html, metadata.xml, thumbnail.png, owsLinks.json, and granules.json)?

Sorry, all I have is in the tests. The tests do bulid requests with zip files from resources that have all the files you mentions, check them out.

  1. I tried to make my own collection.json file to create a collection, but when I send as a PUT request as listed here (https://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/community/opensearch-eo/automation.html) I get the error

< HTTP/1.1 405 Method Not Allowed

< Allow: GET,POST

POST for creation, PUT for modification.
See this example request for a succesful creation:

And when I send as a POST request as listed here (https://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/api/#/latest/en/api/1.0.0/opensearch-eo.yaml) I get the following error:

< HTTP/1.1 400 collection.json file is missing from the zip

< Cache-Control: must-revalidate,no-cache,no-store

< Server: Jetty(9.4.12.v20180830)

even though collection.zip contains a collection.json file.

Does anyone have any idea what I’m doing wrong or how I can fix this?

This test runs a collection creation via zip file:

Cheers
Andrea

==