OpenLayers Code Generation

enoex
Hi guys, I've been working on an OpenLayers code generation app - its purpose is to help non programmers configure a map through a gui, then the corresponding JS code is generated.  It will be an update to a similar project I worked on a few years ago (http://olarchitect.com).

If there is any interest I'd love to get some input (things I should / shouldn't include, ideas on ways to make it easier to use for non programmers, or even if it's a bad idea in general)

Thanks!

Re: OpenLayers Code Generation

Daniel Porter
Hey, the new UI looks really good.  It looks like you're on the right track.

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 8:18 PM, Erik Hazzard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The work in progress version is at http://vasirdev.net/OLArchitect/
>

> enoex wrote:
>

> Hi guys, I've been working on an OpenLayers code generation app - its
> purpose
> is to help non programmers configure a map through a gui, then the
> corresponding JS code is generated.  It will be an update to a similar
> project I worked on a few years ago (http://olarchitect.com).
>
> If there is any interest I'd love to get some input (things I should /
> shouldn't include, ideas on ways to make it easier to use for non
> programmers, or even if it's a bad idea in general)
>
> Thanks!

Re: OpenLayers Code Generation

Arnie Shore
A possible variation on your excellent idea:  I'm sure I'm not alone in
converting a GMaps application to OSM/OL.  I'd love to have seen a
mapping of the major operations from one library to the other.

Like instantiate, map center, bounding boxes, click events. icons,
markers, popups.

This would be oriented to programmers, but of the OSM/OL noob persuasion!

AS