OpenLayers Anyone willing to share a Mapguide Server for their API Example?

OpenLayers Anyone willing to share a Mapguide Server for their API Example?

Flipper
The Server for Openlayers Mapguide API example is down, and might be for
awhile, Would anybody be willing to build a sample map, lock it down by
username and password and share it with the OpenLayers community for their
API example?

Re: OpenLayers Anyone willing to share a Mapguide Server for their API Example?

GordonL
Sure. Here is how I do it:

Re: OpenLayers Anyone willing to share a Mapguide Server for their API Example?

Flipper
Gordon, Not sure what you mean be "Sure. Here is how I do it:"

They almost Canned Mapguide last year due to a lack of an active service to
put in their API example.
Example HERE
<https://openlayers.org/en/latest/examples/mapguide-untiled.html?q=mapguide>

What I need is someone to provide a mapguide Service to Openlayers to
replace mine which may be down for the foreseeable future.

I gave them access to the built in Sheboygan MapDefinition
Library://Public/Samples/Sheboygan/Maps/Sheboygan.MapDefinition
and I had locked it down to a single user.

Re: OpenLayers Anyone willing to share a Mapguide Server for their API Example?

Jackie Ng
I'll take a look at hosting one out of my own pocket.

Will have to evaluate what hosting option will give the most bang-for-buck.

- Jackie

Re: OpenLayers Anyone willing to share a Mapguide Server for their API Example?

Jackie Ng
I've settled on spinning up a CentOS 6.9 $20/month droplet on DigitalOcean.
This is sufficient to install MGOS 3.1.2 and all my other MapGuide-related
goodies to showcase.

I'll me making a PR soon to point their MapGuide demos to point to this
instance: https://github.com/openlayers/openlayers/issues/9573

- Jackie

Re: OpenLayers Anyone willing to share a Mapguide Server for their API Example?

Flipper
Thanks Jackie!
I got stuck with circumstances beyond my control.