OpenLayers 3

dnbphysicist
All, is there any documentation on how to get started with OL 3? I'm using the first beta release, but it's so radically different, I can't figure out how to build the library for deployment.

Thanks in advance.

Re: OpenLayers 3

dnbphysicist
Thanks Cedric,

I downloaded the beta release from that site, but I don't understand what scripts to include in my web page? What to the python scripts do? When I try and load the examples I get an 'Aborted' on http://localhost:9810/compile?mode=RAW&id=canvas-tiles which no server is running.

Thanks in advance.

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 11:20 PM, Cédric MOULLET <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
You can use: http://ol3js.org/
In order to get into the code, it's here: https://github.com/openlayers/ol3 and you have here a developer guide: https://github.com/openlayers/ol3/wiki/Developer-Guide
Best regards,
Cédric

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 4:19 PM, Rob Hyx <[hidden email]> wrote:
All, is there any documentation on how to get started with OL 3? I'm using the first beta release, but it's so radically different, I can't figure out how to build the library for deployment.

Thanks in advance.

HYX

Re: OpenLayers 3

ThomasG
Hi,

Don't try immediately like you do.
For beginning, you just need to add a reference to the CSS file and the JS file for OpenLayers 3 library.
See the standalone example link below as a simple reference
http://sigeat.net/ol3/point_selection_compressed.html
You will have time to bother with the Python and others libs later and can immediately focus on client dev.

Regards

Thomas