OpenLayers 2 Prevent redraw of specific layer

OpenLayers 2 Prevent redraw of specific layer

Bennos
Hi, I`ve already posted this question on GIS.SE and because i did not receive any answers or hints I am trying it here. In a map with multiple layers I have one WMS-Layer I do not want to redraw on normal map-interaction (zoom, pan). I want to initiate the redraw after a XMLHttpRequest. How can I prevent the redraw for pan/zoom? I was trying to remove the refresh-listener from the layer, but this has no effect. (I am not sure if this is useful in this context) Looking into the source I have found the OpenLayers.Map.moveTo() function. Is there a way to configure the layer, to be excepted in the moveTo()?