OpenLayers 2.2 Final Release

Erik Uzureau
The OpenLayers Development Team is proud to announce Final Release of
OpenLayers 2.2!

To run 2.2 in your applications, include the following tag in your
OpenLayers-powered page:

    <script src="http://openlayers.org/api/OpenLayers.js"></script>

Among the 68 fixed tickets, you will find...

Exciting New Features:

    * Overview Map Control (Thanks Tim Schaub!)
    * Mouse Position Control (Thanks Jeff Dege!)
    * GeoRSS Atom support (Thanks Sean Gilles!)
    * MapServer CGI Layer (Thanks Arnd Wipperman!)
    * Support for displaying WMS on top of Google Maps
    * Yahoo! Maps now included in default single file build
    * Brand new Layer.Image lets you add *any* single image as a map
layer (Thanks Tim Schaub!)

Other notable changes:

    * Refactoring the use of Prototype.js. Rather than using
Prototype.js, OpenLayers has integrated the important pieces of the
Prototype framework into OpenLayers, and removed offending functions
like Object.extend(). This means that there should no longer be
conflicts between OpenLayers and different versions of Prototype, or
any other Javascript framework.
    * Adding support for a 'lite' build of OpenLayers via 'build
profiles', as described at http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/Profiles
    * Addition of a framework for customizing OpenLayers via CSS, e.g.
Popups. (Not all aspects of the interface are customizable yet, e.g.
pan/zoom chrome.)

Official Release Notes including all features and bug fixes can be
found here: http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/Release/2.2/Notes

...and complete documentation on the entire 2.2 Release is here:
http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/Release/2.2

Bug reports can be filed in Trac, under the version "2.2".

As always, thanks for any and all feedback... and thanks for using OpenLayers!

Regards, Erik

Re: [OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers 2.2 Final Release

Erik Uzureau
Not yet, but it is in hot hot development :-)

I *think* the best place to follow that development is here:
http://trac.openlayers.org/milestone/Vector%20RC1

--erik