OpenAerialMap Metadata Spec

Stephen Mather-2
Hi All,

As some of you know, OpenAerialMap is getting a reboot, and had two days of meetings in DC at the tail end of the Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT) Summit. I attended the first day to observe a bit, and see what the relationship might be moving forward with OpenDroneMap.

OpenAerialMap is intended to be a small number of nodes of open licensed aerial data -- sort of the OpenStreetMap of aerial imagery.

I think it would be useful if future versions of ODM supported outputing the metadata and format, and perhaps upload directly to OpenAerialMap (optionally of course).

Anyway, it would be valuable to have this group weigh in on the metadata specs that OAM is developing. You can do pull requests here:

You can get more context for the meeting here:

Cheers,
Best,
Steve