Open filegdb in QGis

mnertinger
Hi everyone!

As I’m a relatively new user of QGis, I’m having trouble importing a filegdb into QGis.
Is anyone out there who can explain me how to proceed?
Everything I understood right now is that I have to download the FileGDB API SDK (which I did).
Now what do I have to do exactly, to get the gdb (which is saved locally on my harddisk) into QGis?
I’m working on Mac, using QGis 1.7.4.

Thank you in advance!

Re: Open filegdb in QGis

Giovanni Manghi-2
Hi,

> Now what do I have to do exactly, to get the gdb (which is saved locally on
> my harddisk) into QGis?

I believe you will need to compile a copy of GDAL >= 1.9 together with
the SDK.

cheers

-- Giovanni --

Re: Open filegdb in QGis

mnertinger
> I believe you will need to compile a copy of GDAL >= 1.9 together with
> the SDK.

Dear Giovanni!

Thanks for your answer. As I posted, unfortunately I’m a total newby.
Could you explain to me how to do that (put which folder where etc.),
what a SDK is?

Thanks!
Max

Re: Open filegdb in QGis

Matt Boyd
On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 11:47 PM, mnertinger <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> I believe you will need to compile a copy of GDAL >= 1.9 together with
>> the SDK.
>
> Dear Giovanni!
>
> Thanks for your answer. As I posted, unfortunately I’m a total newby.
> Could you explain to me how to do that (put which folder where etc.),
> what a SDK is?
>
> Thanks!
> Max

I've been playing with filegdb lately using the osgeo installer and it
works without compiling using QGIS 1.7.4... however, I was messing
around with various installs of GDAL to get it to work. I've been able
to replicate filegdb access on one other machine however following the
same steps on a third machine we're unable to get it to work a 3rd
time. I can assure you the one thing we haven't done is compile GDAL.
Still trying to work out what we did differently on the first 2
machines.

Matt