Open Source Software

Leon Vosloo

Good Morning

Can anyone perhaps assist and guide me in the right direction. I am looking for open source software that is used as a property register in the South African context. It can  be a desktop program or server program with more than one user. It will be a definite plus if the software can be used and linked with GIS.

Regards,

Leon

Re: Open Source Software

Hugo Paul-2

Hi Leon

You can install PostgreSQL with PostGIS on your local server and add the tables necessary for your property register, you can then set up constraints, create user roles/logins, etc.

You can connect to your postgresql database using pgadmin or QGIS to edit your table(s) and also create spatial data.

This works great for us and multiple users can edit the same table/dataset concurrently. Our postgresql database is installed on our local server (LAN) and is not exposed to the web.

Hope this helps

Regards

Hugo

Disclaimer
This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s) addressed in the message. If you are not the named addressee, you should not disseminate, distribute, or copy this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that disclosing, distributing, or copying this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

Can anyone perhaps assist and guide me in the right direction. I am looking for open source software that is used as a property register in the South African context. It can  be a desktop program or server program with more than one user. It will be a definite plus if the software can be used and linked with GIS.

Regards,

Leon

Re: Open Source Software

Leon Vosloo

This sounds good. Thank you Hugo.

Can anyone perhaps assist and guide me in the right direction. I am looking for open source software that is used as a property register in the South African context. It can  be a desktop program or server program with more than one user. It will be a definite plus if the software can be used and linked with GIS.

Regards,

Leon

Re: Open Source Software

Chris Berens
Hi Hugo,
You could have a look at the Global Land Tenure Network's Social Tenure Domain Model.
It runs on QGIS and has gone through a bit of testing trialling in the last few years.
At VPUU we use a more simple QGIS workspace based environment to build household profiles aimed at incrementally developing tenure rights. Depends what you need.
Regards,
Chris Berens

On Fri, 25 Oct 2019, 14:02 Leon Vosloo, <[hidden email]> wrote:

This sounds good. Thank you Hugo.

Can anyone perhaps assist and guide me in the right direction. I am looking for open source software that is used as a property register in the South African context. It can  be a desktop program or server program with more than one user. It will be a definite plus if the software can be used and linked with GIS.

Regards,

Leon

image001.png (37K) Download Attachment