Open Source JavaScript API from CARIS

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Open Source JavaScript API from CARIS

Timothy Astle
Hi all,

A few months ago, CARIS open-sourced the OSCAR-js JavaScript API (http://oscar.caris.com).  This is the same library used in our web mapping applications.

The goal was to leverage existing Open Source APIs (like OpenLayers, jQuery, Proj4js and YUI) to allow others to make their own web applications and easily interface with CARIS products.

The plan is to continue to contribute to the underlying libraries, but also push ahead in areas of interest to us, such as having widgets for discovery and download of data based on ISO specifications.

Cheers, and have a great weekend!

--
Tim Astle
Development Manager
Web Technologies

CARIS
115 Waggoners Lane
Fredericton, New Brunswick
Canada    E3B 2L4
Tel: +1.506.458.8533     Fax: +1.506.459.3849
www.caris.com

Connect with CARIS
Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | Google+ | YouTube

Download your free copy of CARIS Easy View today!
www.caris.com/easyview

_________________________________________________________________________
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended only for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s) please notify us by email reply. You should not use, disclose, distribute or copy this communication if received in error.

Any views or opinions expressed in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. No binding contract will result from this email until such time as a written document is signed on behalf of the company.


_______________________________________________
AtlanticCanada mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/atlanticcanada
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Open Source JavaScript API from CARIS

jmckenna
Administrator
Thanks Tim and CARIS!  Maybe sometime soon we should talk about things
like announcing (on OSGeo-discuss list), hosting infrastructure (using
OSGeo's hosting/mailing lists for this project), even training (I'd love
for this chapter to host a hands-on training day with several FOSS4G
projects, somewhere in Atlantic Canada).

Have a great weekend!

-jeff


--
Jeff McKenna
MapServer Consulting and Training Services
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/



On 12-09-28 2:35 PM, Timothy Astle wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> A few months ago, CARIS open-sourced the OSCAR-js JavaScript API
> (http://oscar.caris.com).  This is the same library used in our web
> mapping applications.
>
> The goal was to leverage existing Open Source APIs (like OpenLayers,
> jQuery, Proj4js and YUI) to allow others to make their own web
> applications and easily interface with CARIS products.
>
> The plan is to continue to contribute to the underlying libraries, but
> also push ahead in areas of interest to us, such as having widgets for
> discovery and download of data based on ISO specifications.
>
> Cheers, and have a great weekend!
>
> --
> Tim Astle
> Development Manager
> Web Technologies
>
> *CARIS* <http://www.caris.com>
> 115 Waggoners Lane
> Fredericton, New Brunswick
> Canada    E3B 2L4
> Tel: +1.506.458.8533     Fax: +1.506.459.3849
> www.caris.com <http://www.caris.com>
>
> *Connect with CARIS*
> Twitter <http://www.twitter.com/CARIS_GIS> | LinkedIn
> <http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=3217878> | Facebook
> <https://www.facebook.com/pages/CARIS-The-Marine-GIS-Experts/123907500987669?v=app_4949752878>
> | Google+
> <https://plus.google.com/b/114389770462919844434/114389770462919844434/posts>
> | YouTube <http://www.youtube.com/user/CARISGIS>
>
> Download your free copy of CARIS Easy View today!
> www.caris.com/easyview <http://www.caris.com/easyview>
>


_______________________________________________
AtlanticCanada mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/atlanticcanada