Open Position: Resources Data Scientist at CSIRO

Open Position: Resources Data Scientist at CSIRO

Jens.Klump

Dear Colleagues,

We are seeking an experienced research scientist to join the Geoscience Analytics Team. The candidate should be able to draw on a broad background of techniques in order to solve geological problems by integrating multivariate geoscience data. These techniques may include (but are not limited to) machine learning, geostatistics, information theory, signal processing, simulation and uncertainty estimation. We are looking for a candidate who is creative and innovative and capable of modifying existing techniques to be applied to geoscience research question. The candidate will be expected to publish research results and present at conferences and workshops.

At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment. We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.

For more information please view the Position Description. http://www.csiro.au/~/media/Positions/2019/Minerals/Req-60557---Research-Data-Scientist.docx

To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role. Applications Close Wednesday, 17 April 2019. https://jobs.csiro.au/job/Perth%2C-WA-Resources-Data-Scientist/544751400/

Regards

Jens

--

Dr Jens Klump
Team Leader Geoscience Analytics

E [hidden email] T +61 8 6436 8828
CSIRO ARRC, 26 Dick Perry Avenue, Kensington, WA 6151, Australia
www.csiro.au

http://ORCID.org/0000-0001-5911-6022

CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the lands that we live and work on across Australia and pays its respect to Elders past and present.