Open Layers WFS

shyam megha
Am using Geoserver for wms& WFS services and postgis for data storage and trying to view the vector data . The data both ratsers and vector features work well in Open layers preview option availabel in Geoserver Admin Console.

Am not knowing how to use Openlayers examples to  do the same.Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Open Layers WFS

D_Guidi
On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 9:45 AM, shyam megha <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Am not knowing how to use Openlayers examples to  do the same.Please help.

so simple: http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/

Re: Open Layers WFS

adityakumar529
Hi shyam megha,
    Please download the Open layers folder. You can use the examples given, just change the data to your WMS/WFS and you can see your map on the Open layers.

Thanks
Aditya Kumar
GIS Developer

Re: Open Layers WFS

shyam megha
I have downloaded the Open layers Examples and added the same by making a build in Net Beans 7.4 IDE

Now from http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/ the examples run fine online
But the same file when i tried to run it from IDE it behaves in a strange manner.WMS went fine.

But there is a WFS get feature Example (geoserver) which works online. Here you can actually select the states. The same example I copied the source and created a HTML an try to run it from IDE, map comes but the selection feature which was there online is not available.

Thx in advance

Regards,

Shyam

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 2:48 PM, adityakumar529 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi shyam megha,
    Please download the Open layers folder. You can use the examples given,
just change the data to your WMS/WFS and you can see your map on the Open
layers.

Thanks
Aditya Kumar

-----
GIS Developer

Re: Open Layers WFS

adityakumar529
The Open layers WMS getfeature info and WFS works only when proxy is configured. I think you must configure apache/Ms4w with Open layers and proxy and move ahead with development.

Aditya kumar
GIS Developer

Re: Open Layers WFS

Phil Scadden

> Now from http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/ the examples run fine online
> But the same file when i tried to run it from IDE it behaves in a
> strange manner.WMS went fine.
>
> But there is a WFS get feature Example (geoserver) which works online.
> Here you can actually select the states. The same example I copied the
> source and created a HTML an try to run it from IDE, map comes but the
> selection feature which was there online is not available.

Your biggest friend here is either firebug or the Chrome developer
tools. Both are good debugging tools. You need to track any errors in
the console and also look at the NET tab to see what traffic is going on
(and look for 404s in the status).

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential.
If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.
Do not copy or disclose the contents.