Open Layer back button

ramy.sehar
Hi,

I have a website similar to MLS.ca where user can search a property with criteria and select property upon clicking on the map.

It is defined in 1 page(search criteria, map and listing).I have asked to add functionality of back button.
This button will take to the previous state of the map(zoom level etc). I am working on it for the last few hours and didn't
go any far, totally confused after seeing all those JS files...

I need your help/ guidance to do it.

P.S. It doesn't use any query string value to control bounding box or any other variable

Thanks a lot in advane
Sonia

Re: Open Layer back button

Xavier Mamano (jorix)
Hi,

Have you seen the example http://www.openlayers.org/dev/examples/navigation-history.html ?

Xavier Mamano

ramy.sehar wrote
Hi,

I have a website similar to MLS.ca where user can search a property with criteria and select property upon clicking on the map.

It is defined in 1 page(search criteria, map and listing).I have asked to add functionality of back button.
This button will take to the previous state of the map(zoom level etc). I am working on it for the last few hours and didn't
go any far, totally confused after seeing all those JS files...

I need your help/ guidance to do it.

P.S. It doesn't use any query string value to control bounding box or any other variable

Thanks a lot in advane
Sonia

Re: Open Layer back button

ramy.sehar
Thank you Xavier for your response. This is exactly what I required.

I am new to open layers so could you guide how I can integrate with existing application. I am running version 2.8.

Re: Open Layer back button

Roald de Wit-3
Hi,

Can you please ask your questions on the openlayers-users list? That
list is for questions on how to use OL. This list (openlayers-dev) is
for people working on the internals of OL, like making improvements to
OL or fixing bugs.

I can also recommend you to update your version of OpenLayers to 2.11
(or 2.12 which will hopefully be released sometime next week).

Regards, Roald

On 07/06/12 12:04, ramy.sehar wrote:

> Thank you Xavier for your response. This is exactly what I required.
>
> I am new to open layers so could you guide how I can integrate with existing
> application. I am running version 2.8.

Re: Open Layer back button

ramy.sehar
Thanks Roald for guiding me to the right directions.