Online agm?

jody.garnett
I had an idea to pass on to the board, how do folks feel about having an online AGM this years?

We could go quick, with the core AGM presentation, and board and officers format.

Or if folks wish to make an afternoon of it the online format could allow each project / committee/ local chapter, community project to do a “state of presentation”.
Jody
Jody Garnett

Re: Online agm?

Michael Smith
I think that is a fantastic idea. We could even make it longer and have sections for projects and local / regional groups. Harder for a full conference but for an AGM it’s a great idea. And we can have a lots of questions/answers/discussions. Either a full day or a few half days I think.

Mike
OSGeo Treasurer

> On May 31, 2020, at 2:28 PM, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> I had an idea to pass on to the board, how do folks feel about having an online AGM this years?
>
> We could go quick, with the core AGM presentation, and board and officers format.
>
> Or if folks wish to make an afternoon of it the online format could allow each project / committee/ local chapter, community project to do a “state of presentation”.
> —
> Jody
> Jody Garnett

Re: Online agm?

jody.garnett
I think it would be nice to invite partners as well.

On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 11:37 AM <[hidden email]> wrote:
I think that is a fantastic idea. We could even make it longer and have sections for projects and local / regional groups. Harder for a full conference but for an AGM it’s a great idea. And we can have a lots of questions/answers/discussions. Either a full day or a few half days I think.

Mike
OSGeo Treasurer

> On May 31, 2020, at 2:28 PM, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> I had an idea to pass on to the board, how do folks feel about having an online AGM this years?
>
> We could go quick, with the core AGM presentation, and board and officers format.
>
> Or if folks wish to make an afternoon of it the online format could allow each project / committee/ local chapter, community project to do a “state of presentation”.
> —
> Jody
> Jody Garnett
Jody Garnett

Re: Online agm?

Angelos Tzotsos
Thanks Jody,

This is a great idea and actually we would be forced to arrange something like this due to our bylaws.
I am wondering if we should target the dates we had for FOSS4G or later in the year.

Best,
Angelos

wrote:

I had an idea to pass on to the board, how do folks feel about having an
online AGM this years?
We could go quick, with the core AGM presentation, and board and
officers format.
Or if folks wish to make an afternoon of it the online format could
allow each project / committee/ local chapter, community project to do a
“state of presentation”.
—
Jody
Jody Garnett

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
President
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Re: Online agm?

jody.garnett
Can see advantages both ways, depending on priority:

- Planning cycle: October would play into the planning cycle: AGM to see how projects did, November to plan for the year ahead, Dec to set budget.
- Board cycle: September would make the AGM a great handover from current board, collect what has been happening and listen to feedback. It would also be a great kick-off to election process.
- Academic cycle: August is the calm before the storm and great for GeoForAll participation, however often summer / vacation / family time for those in the norther hemisphere

Given foss4g cancelation may be worth doing a call out for osgeo sponsorship in conjunction with the AGM. I know my employer has had a lot of our foss4g sponsorship opportunities evaporate this year.

All the best Angelos and thank you for your service.
--
Jody Garnett

wrote:

I had an idea to pass on to the board, how do folks feel about having an
online AGM this years?
We could go quick, with the core AGM presentation, and board and
officers format.
Or if folks wish to make an afternoon of it the online format could
allow each project / committee/ local chapter, community project to do a
“state of presentation”.
—
Jody
Jody Garnett

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
President
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Re: Online agm?

Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
Hello,

Jody thanks a lot for bringing up the idea of an Online AGM. That's a
great idea and we should go for it.

I would favorite to do it in August or September to show some activity
of OSGeo.

It would be great to enhance it and provide an event for half a day or
even a day and provide sections for projects and local chapters.

Maybe we also could give our sponsors some minutes to show what they are
doing with OSGeo Software. In advance we should promote OSGeo
sponsorship (I contacted Tom Kralidis about doing that the day before).

If we are going to record the AGM it could be good promotion for OSGeo
and our community.

See you

Astrid

Am 02.06.2020 00:50 schrieb Jody Garnett:

> Can see advantages both ways, depending on priority:
>
> - Planning cycle: October would play into the planning cycle: AGM to
> see how projects did, November to plan for the year ahead, Dec to set
> budget.
> - Board cycle: September would make the AGM a great handover from
> current board, collect what has been happening and listen to feedback.
> It would also be a great kick-off to election process.
> - Academic cycle: August is the calm before the storm and great for
> GeoForAll participation, however often summer / vacation / family time
> for those in the norther hemisphere
>
> Given foss4g cancelation may be worth doing a call out for osgeo
> sponsorship in conjunction with the AGM. I know my employer has had a
> lot of our foss4g sponsorship opportunities evaporate this year.
>
> All the best Angelos and thank you for your service.
> --
> Jody Garnett
>
> On Mon, 1 Jun 2020 at 01:44, Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Jody,
>>
>> This is a great idea and actually we would be forced to arrange
>> something like this due to our bylaws.
>> I am wondering if we should target the dates we had for FOSS4G or
>> later in the year.
>>
>> Best,
>> Angelos
>>
>> On 6/1/20 12:27 AM, Jody Garnett wrote:
>>
>> I think it would be nice to invite partners as well.
>>
>> On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 11:37 AM <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> I think that is a fantastic idea. We could even make it longer and
>> have
>> sections for projects and local / regional groups. Harder for a full
>> conference but for an AGM it’s a great idea. And we can have a
>> lots of
>> questions/answers/discussions. Either a full day or a few half days
>> think.
>>
>> Mike
>> OSGeo Treasurer
>>
>> On May 31, 2020, at 2:28 PM, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]>
>>
>> wrote:
>>

>> I had an idea to pass on to the board, how do folks feel about
>> having an
>>
>> online AGM this years?
>>
>> We could go quick, with the core AGM presentation, and board and
>>
>> officers format.
>>
>> Or if folks wish to make an afternoon of it the online format could
>>
>> allow each project / committee/ local chapter, community project to
>> do a
>> “state of presentation”.
>>
>> —
>> Jody
>> --
>> --
>> Jody Garnett

> Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
> President
> Open Source Geospatial Foundation
> http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos [2]

Re: Online agm?

jody.garnett
The treasurer has a couple spreadsheets used to organize prior foss4g sponsors/partners/board breakfast meetings; these contain the most uptodate contact details.
--
Jody Garnett

On Sun, 7 Jun 2020 at 04:17, Astrid Emde (OSGeo) <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>> have
>> sections for projects and local / regional groups. Harder for a full
>> conference but for an AGM it’s a great idea. And we can have a
>> lots of
>> questions/answers/discussions. Either a full day or a few half days
>> think.
>>
>> Mike
>> OSGeo Treasurer
>>
>> On May 31, 2020, at 2:28 PM, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]>
>>
>> wrote:
>>

>> I had an idea to pass on to the board, how do folks feel about
>> having an
>>
>> online AGM this years?
>>
>> We could go quick, with the core AGM presentation, and board and
>>
>> officers format.
>>
>> Or if folks wish to make an afternoon of it the online format could
>>
>> allow each project / committee/ local chapter, community project to

Re: Online agm?

guidos
Hey folks,

I would be happy to help out with this plan starting next week. OSGeo US Local Chapter has a Zoom account with a webinar addon.

Also, if you do have an AGM, I think that it would be great to let the 2021 Conference LOC promote their event the way that they would have at the end of the 202 FOSS4G.

This week I am working on putting on FedGepDay ( https://fedgeo.us). If this goes well I hope to be able to help run other online conferences and training sessions.

-Guido