Online Resource problem when file uploading

Online Resource problem when file uploading

Angel Zaballos
Dear all,

I’m working with GeoNetwork 2.1 beta3 and I have a problem when I upload a
file to an Online Resource field of the Distribution section (gmd:online a
few levels below gmd:MD_Distribution) of the ISO19139. I have noticed that
this error occur with version beta4 and with ISO19115 template too. The
error is thrown when I browse for a local file and click on ‘upload’ button.

The strangest thing is that in version beta2 the error doesn’t occur but it
has another problem: when I upload the file Geonetwork put a default URL in
linkage field with the proper name of the file inside; the problem is that
this default URL begins with ‘http//localhost…’ (in fact something like
http://localhost:8080/geonetwork/srv/en/resources.get?id=
<http://localhost:8080/geonetwork/srv/en/resources.get?id=xx&fname=xxxx.yyy&
access=private> xx&fname=xxxx.yyy&access=private) so it implies that when a
client on a remote host wants to download the product he can’t due to the
wrong link pointing to a missing file on his ‘localhost’.

Does anyone know if there is a way to avoid this default ‘localhost’
pointing when uploading a file?

The stack trace of the error in last versions is the following:

HTTP ERROR: 400

Cannot build ServiceRequest
Cause : C:\Program
Files\geonetwork\web\geonetwork\WEB-INF\data\tmp\C:\Temp\temp.jpg
Error : java.io.FileNotFoundException
Stack :
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program
Files\geonetwork\web\geonetwork\WEB-INF\data\tmp\C:\Temp\temp.jpg
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.commons.fileupload.disk.DiskFileItem.write(DiskFileItem.java:423)
        at
jeeves.server.sources.ServiceRequestFactory.getMultipartParams(ServiceReques
tFactory.java:267)
        at
jeeves.server.sources.ServiceRequestFactory.extractParameters(ServiceRequest
Factory.java:214)
        at
jeeves.server.sources.ServiceRequestFactory.create(ServiceRequestFactory.jav
a:136)
        at
jeeves.server.sources.http.JeevesServlet.execute(JeevesServlet.java:146)
        at
jeeves.server.sources.http.JeevesServlet.doPost(JeevesServlet.java:98)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:616)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:427)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch(WebApplicationHandl
er.java:473)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:568)
        at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1565)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.handle(WebApplicationContext
.java:635)
        at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1517)
        at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:816)
        at
org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(HttpConnection.java:983)
        at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:833)
        at
org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(SocketListener.java:244)
        at org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:357)
        at org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:534)

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Angel ZABALLOS
Project Engineer

GTD SISTEMAS DE INFORMACIÓN

Pg. Garcia Fària, 17        E-08005 Barcelona
Tel.: +34 934 939 300        Fax: +34 934 939 302
www.gtd.es    -     <mailto:[hidden email]> [hidden email]

Este mensaje es confidencial. Cualquier distribución, uso o copia del
mensaje o de la información en el contenido por otras personas distintas de
los destinatarios esta prohibida. Si usted recibe este mensaje por error,
por favor comuníquemelo inmediatamente mediante reenvío del mensaje o por
otro medio.

This e-mail may be confidential. Any distribution, use or copying of this
e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient is
unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by
return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.

Ce courriel est confidentiel. Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce
message ou des renseignements qu'il contient par une personne autre que les
destinataires désignés est interdite. Si vous recevez ce courriel par
erreur, veuillez m'en aviser immédiatement, par retour de courriel ou par un
autre moyen.

image001.jpg (1K) Download Attachment