Official Support Channel ?

sebastian.ovide
Hello All,

from https://geonetwork-opensource.org/community.html you can read "GIS
StackExchange <https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/tagged/geonetwork> is
the only official place to ask for GeoNetwork support, using the
geonetwork tag."
So I've posted a geonetwork question there. But the StackExchange community
seems to disagree with using StackExchange for questions that are
strictly GIS related. See
https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/343793/hash-password-command-line

So, I was wondering if the sentence "GIS StackExchange
<https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/tagged/geonetwork> is the only
official place to ask for GeoNetwork support, using the geonetwork tag."
should be rephrased

Cheers

--
Sebastian E. Ovide

[image: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ovide]
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/ovide>

Re: Official Support Channel ?

Olivier Guyot
Hi,

I think your question was not clearly enough referring to using Geonetwork
with docker. Also your issue is more about database and docker than it is
about Geonetwork, which handles user passwords the same way as any other
project do.

I still think GIS SE is the right place to discuss user issues for
Geonetwork (functional or technical), but the community site might indeed
be clearer on the fact that issues need to be somehow related to GIS.

Anyway, there's still a lot of support questions asked on the mailing lists
and very few answers on SE, so there's that...
--
*camptocamp*
INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS

*Olivier Guyot*