[OSgeo-Conf] Nomination of Michael Terner & Guido Stein as official voting members of CC / Call4Vote until 02.02, .2018

12

[OSgeo-Conf] Nomination of Michael Terner & Guido Stein as official voting members of CC / Call4Vote until 02.02, .2018

Till Adams-3
Dear CC!

As already signalized in my previous email, I'd like to nominate the two
chairs of the 2017 Boston FOSS4G as new voting members of our conference
committee. Hereby I nominate

- Guido Stein

- Michael Terner

Please discuss and vote on my nomination until 2nd of February 2018.

Kind regards,

Till

R: [OSgeo-Conf] Nomination of Michael Terner & Guido Stein as official voting members of CC / Call4Vote until 02.02, .2018

Maria Antonia Brovelli
+1!
Maria

Inviato dal mio dispositivo Samsung

Re: R: [OSgeo-Conf] Nomination of Michael Terner & Guido Stein as official voting members of CC / Call4Vote until 02.02, .2018

Venkatesh Raghavan-2
On 1/23/2018 9:40 PM, Maria Antonia Brovelli wrote:
> +1!

+1 Guido Stein and Michael Terner as new members of CC

I think I had nominated Michael earlier [1]

Also, I had nominated Gerald Fenoy and
he had accepted [2]. Gerald did a
great job at FOSS4G-Europe 2017 and
would be a valuable addition to CC.

Venka

[1] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/conference_dev/2017-August/004430.html

[2] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/conference_dev/2017-August/004428.html

> Maria
>

> Inviato dal mio dispositivo Samsung

Re: [OSgeo-Conf] Nomination of Michael Terner & Guido Stein as official voting members of CC / Call4Vote until 02.02, .2018

Eli Adam
On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 3:37 AM, Till Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear CC!
>
> As already signalized in my previous email, I'd like to nominate the two
> chairs of the 2017 Boston FOSS4G as new voting members of our conference
> committee. Hereby I nominate
>
> - Guido Stein

+1 Eli

> - Michael Terner

+1 Eli

> Please discuss and vote on my nomination until 2nd of February 2018.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Till

Re: [OSgeo-Conf] Nomination of Michael Terner & Guido Stein as official voting members of CC / Call4Vote until 02.02, .2018

stevenfeldman
+1 Guido
+1 Michael

I am not clear whether Till (as chair) has also nominated Gerard or not? In case this is up for a vote my vote is -0 (no disrespect to Gerard - please see my responses to Till’s other mail to the list for explanation)
______
Steven

On 23 Jan 2018, at 11:37, Till Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear CC!

As already signalized in my previous email, I'd like to nominate the two
chairs of the 2017 Boston FOSS4G as new voting members of our conference
committee. Hereby I nominate

- Guido Stein

- Michael Terner

Please discuss and vote on my nomination until 2nd of February 2018.

Kind regards,

Till

Re: [OSgeo-Conf] Nomination of Michael Terner & Guido Stein as official voting members of CC / Call4Vote until 02.02, .2018

Till Adams-3

Hi,

no, I did not nomnate Gerald. Gerald was nominated by Venke month ago.

Till

Am 25.01.2018 um 18:32 schrieb Steven Feldman:
[...]

Peter Batty
+1 to Michael and Guido.

Certainly would be happy to see Gerard on the committee, but as Steven said, I think it's probably worth a bit more discussion on how big we want the group to be. I think there's a case for having a limit to the size and have people rotate on and off, as proposed by Steven a year or so ago.

On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 11:32 AM, Steven Feldman <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Paul Ramsey
+1 to Michael and Guido also

On 1/26/2018 11:31 PM, Till Adams wrote:
> Hi,
>
> no, I did not nomnate Gerald. Gerald was nominated by Venke month ago.

To set the record straight, I nominated Michael Terner and Gerald
in August 2017.

[1] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/conference_dev/2017-August/004430.html
[2]
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/conference_dev/2017-August/004428.html

Venka

> Till
>

> Am 25.01.2018 um 18:32 schrieb Steven Feldman:
>> +1 Guido
>> +1 Michael
>>
>> I am not clear whether Till (as chair) has also nominated Gerard or
>> not? In case this is up for a vote my vote is -0 (no disrespect to
>> Gerard - please see my responses to Till’s other mail to the list for
>> explanation)
>> ______
>> Steven
>>

>>> On 23 Jan 2018, at 11:37, Till Adams <[hidden email]
>>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear CC!
>>>
>>> As already signalized in my previous email, I'd like to nominate the two
>>> chairs of the 2017 Boston FOSS4G as new voting members of our conference
>>> committee. Hereby I nominate
>>>
>>> - Guido Stein
>>>
>>> - Michael Terner
>>>

>>> Please discuss and vote on my nomination until 2nd of February 2018.
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>>
>>> Till

Re: [OSgeo-Conf] Nomination of Michael Terner & Guido Stein as official voting members of CC / Call4Vote until 02.02, .2018

Eli Adam
On Sat, Jan 27, 2018 at 3:16 PM, Venkatesh Raghavan
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 1/26/2018 11:31 PM, Till Adams wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> no, I did not nomnate Gerald. Gerald was nominated by Venke month ago.
>

> To set the record straight, I nominated Michael Terner and Gerald
> in August 2017.
>
> [1] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/conference_dev/2017-August/004430.html

In my opinion, that is not a nomination.  That is a tangential
off-topic commentary.  Reviewing how we operate,

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference_Committee#Decisions see #3

" ...clearly designated separate mail thread over a minimum of 2
business days with a minimum participation of 3 votes."

The subject of that thread is: "[OSGeo-Conf] [Board] [FOSS4G-2019 RFP]
Re: f2f meeting follow up" which sounds nothing like "MOTION: nominate
Michael Terner to Conference Committee"

Even if it was a nomination, I don't think that it attracted any

That might have been due to the focus on "[OSGeo-Conf] Start 2019 RFP
/ Board discussion about RFP for FOSS4G-2019",
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/conference_dev/2017-August/004440.html

It also would have been difficult to complete membership changes
before the RFP process and it is a bad idea to run them at the same
time.

> [2] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/conference_dev/2017-August/004428.html

This is closer to a proper nomination and motion.  Why it didn't
attract any participation is uncertain.

It looks like we should maybe review our membership process that we
spent so much time discussing.
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference_Committee#Membership

I point this out not to be critical, but to encourage the proper
process and increase the likelihood of consideration and participation
on motions.  Look how obvious the motions are here,
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/gdal-dev/2017-November/thread.html
in the list archives but also people's inboxes.  Keeping motions to
one topic in clearly designated separate threads, after there has been
any needed discussion makes the process flow more easily.

Best regards, Eli

>>> ______
>>> Steven

Re: [OSgeo-Conf] Nomination of Michael Terner & Guido Stein as official voting members of CC / Call4Vote until 02.02, .2018

David Fawcett
+1 to Michael and Guido

>>> ______
>>> Steven

Re: [OSgeo-Conf] Nomination of Michael Terner & Guido Stein as official voting members of CC / Call4Vote until 02.02, .2018

Till Adams-3
Dear Conference Committee,

counting the "+1" votes for Michael and Guido, I can announce both are
voted as new official members of OSgeo's conference comittee.

A warm welcome for you two!

As I asked you before I called out the vote, I see no need to ask again,
whether you will accept the vote - if not, disagree with me ;-). Also be
prepared,  the next RfP for the 2020 conference will start around
september 2018. Until then: Help whereever you can bring in your ideas
and thoughts, vivid participation is really appreciated !!!

I added you to the list of members here:

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference_Committee#Current_Members

Till

Am 23.01.2018 um 12:37 schrieb Till Adams:

> Dear CC!
>
> As already signalized in my previous email, I'd like to nominate the two
> chairs of the 2017 Boston FOSS4G as new voting members of our conference
> committee. Hereby I nominate
>
> - Guido Stein
>
> - Michael Terner
>

> Please discuss and vote on my nomination until 2nd of February 2018.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Till

Re: [OSgeo-Conf] Nomination of Michael Terner & Guido Stein as official voting members of CC / Call4Vote until 02.02, .2018

Guido Stein-3
Thanks to Till and the committee for voting me in. I hope that I can help out in future FOSS4G events. Based on the help my team and I received from the committee members, I have big shoes to fill here.

Humbly,

Guido Stein

On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 5:24 AM Till Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Conference Committee,

counting the "+1" votes for Michael and Guido, I can announce both are
voted as new official members of OSgeo's conference comittee.

A warm welcome for you two!

As I asked you before I called out the vote, I see no need to ask again,
whether you will accept the vote - if not, disagree with me ;-). Also be
prepared,  the next RfP for the 2020 conference will start around
september 2018. Until then: Help whereever you can bring in your ideas
and thoughts, vivid participation is really appreciated !!!

I added you to the list of members here:

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference_Committee#Current_Members

Till

Am 23.01.2018 um 12:37 schrieb Till Adams:
> Dear CC!
>
> As already signalized in my previous email, I'd like to nominate the two
> chairs of the 2017 Boston FOSS4G as new voting members of our conference
> committee. Hereby I nominate
>
> - Guido Stein
>
> - Michael Terner
>

> Please discuss and vote on my nomination until 2nd of February 2018.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Till

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient or otherwise authorized to receive this message, you should not use, copy, distribute, disclose or take any action based on the information contained in this e-mail or any attachments. If you have received this message and material in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you on behalf of Applied Geographics, Inc. (AppGeo).

Re: [OSgeo-Conf] Nomination of Michael Terner & Guido Stein as official voting members of CC / Call4Vote until 02.02, .2018

Jachym Cepicky
+1 (better late then later)

pá 9. 2. 2018 v 16:20 odesílatel Guido Stein <[hidden email]> napsal:
Thanks to Till and the committee for voting me in. I hope that I can help out in future FOSS4G events. Based on the help my team and I received from the committee members, I have big shoes to fill here.

Humbly,

Guido Stein

On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 5:24 AM Till Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Conference Committee,

counting the "+1" votes for Michael and Guido, I can announce both are
voted as new official members of OSgeo's conference comittee.

A warm welcome for you two!

As I asked you before I called out the vote, I see no need to ask again,
whether you will accept the vote - if not, disagree with me ;-). Also be
prepared,  the next RfP for the 2020 conference will start around
september 2018. Until then: Help whereever you can bring in your ideas
and thoughts, vivid participation is really appreciated !!!

I added you to the list of members here:

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference_Committee#Current_Members

Till

Am 23.01.2018 um 12:37 schrieb Till Adams:
> Dear CC!
>
> As already signalized in my previous email, I'd like to nominate the two
> chairs of the 2017 Boston FOSS4G as new voting members of our conference
> committee. Hereby I nominate
>
> - Guido Stein
>
> - Michael Terner
>

> Please discuss and vote on my nomination until 2nd of February 2018.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Till

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient or otherwise authorized to receive this message, you should not use, copy, distribute, disclose or take any action based on the information contained in this e-mail or any attachments. If you have received this message and material in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you on behalf of Applied Geographics, Inc. (AppGeo)._______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list

Re: [OSgeo-Conf] Nomination of Michael Terner & Guido Stein as official voting members of CC / Call4Vote until 02.02, .2018

michael terner-2
Thanks to all!

I warmly accept and appreciate joining a "club" whose members I already admire greatly.

Please note my new email address for these correspondences (and I have re-subscribed to this list with this new email).

Thanks again!

mt

On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 3:23 PM, Jachym Cepicky <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1 (better late then later)

pá 9. 2. 2018 v 16:20 odesílatel Guido Stein <[hidden email]> napsal:
Thanks to Till and the committee for voting me in. I hope that I can help out in future FOSS4G events. Based on the help my team and I received from the committee members, I have big shoes to fill here.

Humbly,

Guido Stein

On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 5:24 AM Till Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Conference Committee,

counting the "+1" votes for Michael and Guido, I can announce both are
voted as new official members of OSgeo's conference comittee.

A warm welcome for you two!

As I asked you before I called out the vote, I see no need to ask again,
whether you will accept the vote - if not, disagree with me ;-). Also be
prepared,  the next RfP for the 2020 conference will start around
september 2018. Until then: Help whereever you can bring in your ideas
and thoughts, vivid participation is really appreciated !!!

I added you to the list of members here:

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference_Committee#Current_Members

Till

Am 23.01.2018 um 12:37 schrieb Till Adams:
> Dear CC!
>
> As already signalized in my previous email, I'd like to nominate the two
> chairs of the 2017 Boston FOSS4G as new voting members of our conference
> committee. Hereby I nominate
>
> - Guido Stein
>
> - Michael Terner
>

> Please discuss and vote on my nomination until 2nd of February 2018.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Till

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient or otherwise authorized to receive this message, you should not use, copy, distribute, disclose or take any action based on the information contained in this e-mail or any attachments. If you have received this message and material in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you on behalf of Applied Geographics, Inc. (AppGeo)._______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list

Michael Terner
(M) 978-631-6602

MOTION: Clarify Criteria for CC membership

Venkatesh Raghavan-2
Dear All,

I would like to table a motion as below;

MOTION: Clarify criteria for CC membership

There is no clear rule for CC membership.
I see Chair of Global FOSS4G being nominated
for CC membership. However, the CC still
comprises of members who have not still not
chaired global FOSS4G but have very successfully
organized large regional FOSS4G conferences.

Best

Venka

MOTION: To Accept Nomination of Gérald Fenoy as new member of CC

Venkatesh Raghavan-2
Dear All,

I would like to table a MOTION as below;

MOTION: To Accept Nomination of Gérald Fenoy as new member of CC

I would like to reiterate my nomination for Gérald Fenoy
as new member of CC. Besides contributing code and actively
participating in all global FOSS4G conference. Gérald has
very successfully organized the huge regional FOSS4G-Europe
2017 event..

Initial nomination was made in August 2017 [1]. In the meantime,
we have also had another very successful FOSS4G-Europe 2018 and
perhaps, some CC member who knows the Chair of FOSS4G-Europe 2018
could consider nomination as new member.

[1] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/conference_dev/2017-August/004428.html

Best

Venka

Re: MOTION: Clarify Criteria for CC membership

Till Adams-3
Hi Venka,

up now the procedure is as follows: Anybody can propose any person to
become member of CC. After that the voing members of CC vote on this person.

In the WIKI [1] it is said, that former chairs of global conferences are
invited, but still voted and that at least 50% of the members should
consist of former global chairs.

As far as I remember, there was a proposal from you on Gerald Fenoy and
there has been a vote, but the result was not clear - I think it was in
my very early times as member of this committee, so I can't remember really.

I'd suggest the following:

1. I'd like to officially take in the 2018 chairs, the voting period
ends today.

2. In parallel I will send out a call to CC and ask whether other people
will be proposed to become members. If people are proposed I will call
for a secret vote on them, looking for two independent CRO's.

We can follow this rule every year after a global F4G is over, call the
former chair(s) to become members and in parallel call for other persons
to be proposed.

Any issues on that?
Till

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference_Committee

Am 10.09.2018 um 08:26 schrieb Venka:

> Dear All,
>
> I would like to table a motion as below;
>
> MOTION: Clarify criteria for CC membership
>
> There is no clear rule for CC membership.
> I see Chair of Global FOSS4G being nominated
> for CC membership. However, the CC still
> comprises of members who have not still not
> chaired global FOSS4G but have very successfully
> organized large regional FOSS4G conferences.
>
> Best
>
> Venka

Re: MOTION: Clarify Criteria for CC membership

delawen
Hi,

As a watcher, I think it makes sense. Specially for a critical
committee like this one, who makes such an important yearly decision.

On Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 8:44 AM Till Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Venka,
>
> up now the procedure is as follows: Anybody can propose any person to
> become member of CC. After that the voing members of CC vote on this person.
>
> In the WIKI [1] it is said, that former chairs of global conferences are
> invited, but still voted and that at least 50% of the members should
> consist of former global chairs.
>
> As far as I remember, there was a proposal from you on Gerald Fenoy and
> there has been a vote, but the result was not clear - I think it was in
> my very early times as member of this committee, so I can't remember really.
>
> I'd suggest the following:
>
> 1. I'd like to officially take in the 2018 chairs, the voting period
> ends today.
>
> 2. In parallel I will send out a call to CC and ask whether other people
> will be proposed to become members. If people are proposed I will call
> for a secret vote on them, looking for two independent CRO's.
>
> We can follow this rule every year after a global F4G is over, call the
> former chair(s) to become members and in parallel call for other persons
> to be proposed.
>
> Any issues on that?
> Till
>

> [1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference_Committee
>

> Am 10.09.2018 um 08:26 schrieb Venka:
> > Dear All,
> >
> > I would like to table a motion as below;
> >
> > MOTION: Clarify criteria for CC membership
> >
> > There is no clear rule for CC membership.
> > I see Chair of Global FOSS4G being nominated
> > for CC membership. However, the CC still
> > comprises of members who have not still not
> > chaired global FOSS4G but have very successfully
> > organized large regional FOSS4G conferences.
> >
> > Best
> >
> > Venka

R: MOTION: Clarify Criteria for CC membership

Maria Antonia Brovelli
Dear Till, I agree with your proposal.
Thanks.
Have a good day
Maria

Inviato dal mio dispositivo Samsung

As a watcher, I think it makes sense. Specially for a critical
committee like this one, who makes such an important yearly decision.

On Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 8:44 AM Till Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Venka,
>
> up now the procedure is as follows: Anybody can propose any person to
> become member of CC. After that the voing members of CC vote on this person.
>
> In the WIKI [1] it is said, that former chairs of global conferences are
> invited, but still voted and that at least 50% of the members should
> consist of former global chairs.
>
> As far as I remember, there was a proposal from you on Gerald Fenoy and
> there has been a vote, but the result was not clear - I think it was in
> my very early times as member of this committee, so I can't remember really.
>
> I'd suggest the following:
>
> 1. I'd like to officially take in the 2018 chairs, the voting period
> ends today.
>
> 2. In parallel I will send out a call to CC and ask whether other people
> will be proposed to become members. If people are proposed I will call
> for a secret vote on them, looking for two independent CRO's.
>
> We can follow this rule every year after a global F4G is over, call the
> former chair(s) to become members and in parallel call for other persons
> to be proposed.
>
> Any issues on that?
> Till
>

> [1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference_Committee
>

> Am 10.09.2018 um 08:26 schrieb Venka:
> > Dear All,
> >
> > I would like to table a motion as below;
> >
> > MOTION: Clarify criteria for CC membership
> >
> > There is no clear rule for CC membership.
> > I see Chair of Global FOSS4G being nominated
> > for CC membership. However, the CC still
> > comprises of members who have not still not
> > chaired global FOSS4G but have very successfully
> > organized large regional FOSS4G conferences.
> >
> > Best
> >
> > Venka
12