OSSIM is not able to get full Landsat-8 metadata

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

OSSIM is not able to get full Landsat-8 metadata

MCA4213
Hi, I am using OSSIM to auto recognize the satellite sensors and to do some operations on them, but when working on the Landsat-8 images it can not even get the sensor ID, mission info...
is it a bug or OSSIM still can not recognize this famous sensor?
thank you.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: OSSIM is not able to get full Landsat-8 metadata

Kramer, Oscar
We do support LS8. How are you trying to see the info? Can you give code example please?

-Oscar
________________________________________
From: MCA4213 [[hidden email]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2016 00:06
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [OSSIM] OSSIM is not able to get full Landsat-8 metadata

Hi, I am using OSSIM to auto recognize the satellite sensors and to do some
operations on them, but when working on the Landsat-8 images it can not even
get the sensor ID, mission info...
is it a bug or OSSIM still can not recognize this famous sensor?
thank you.



--
View this message in context: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/OSSIM-is-not-able-to-get-full-Landsat-8-metadata-tp5282904.html
Sent from the Ossim-developer mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
www.ossim.org
Ossim-developer mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/ossim-developer

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
www.ossim.org
Ossim-developer mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/ossim-developer
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: OSSIM is not able to get full Landsat-8 metadata

MCA4213
Thank you for your replay.
First I am new with the Ossim (less than 1 month), I use to get the information from the OTB (it integrate OSSIM) but after reading the code yesterday I find that there is no Landsat factory metadata initialized.

So I start working directly with the OSSIM, now I am testing all the possible model to figure out what satellite is.

For example:
for Quikbird / wordview:
ossimQuickbirdMetaData* meta = new ossimQuickbirdMetaData();
meta->open("WorldView2\\052799693040_01_P001_MUL\\12MAR21190735-M2AS-052799693040_01_P001.TIF");
std::cout << "sensor=" << meta->getSatID() << std::endl;
// and I got "WV02" --> working

but for Landsat 7 and 8 it is not working:
string file= "LE71960352016228ASN00\\LE71960352016228ASN00_MTL.txt";
ossimRefPtr<ossimFfL7>  head = new ossimFfL7(s.c_str()); // it looks like it is only for Landsat 7???
 std::cout << "sensor=" << head->getSatelliteName() << std::endl;
//it return ".S. Geolog" or other string for Landsat 7 and Landsat 8 --> not working


Am I doing things with the correct way, or it should be done differently?
Thank you.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: OSSIM is not able to get full Landsat-8 metadata

Julien Michel-2
Hi,

If there is a specific patch to do in OTB in order to support OSSIM
reading Landsat7/8, please let me know.

Regards,

Julien

Le 31/08/2016 à 06:23, MCA4213 a écrit :

> Thank you for your replay.
> First I am new with the Ossim (less than 1 month), I use to get the
> information from the OTB (it integrate OSSIM) but after reading the code
> yesterday I find that there is no Landsat factory metadata initialized.
>
> So I start working directly with the OSSIM, now I am testing all the
> possible model to figure out what satellite is.
>
> For example:
> for Quikbird / wordview:
> ossimQuickbirdMetaData* meta = new ossimQuickbirdMetaData();
> meta->open("WorldView2\\052799693040_01_P001_MUL\\12MAR21190735-M2AS-052799693040_01_P001.TIF");
> std::cout << "sensor=" << meta->getSatID() << std::endl;
> // and I got "WV02" --> working
>
> but for Landsat 7 and 8 it is not working:
> string file= "LE71960352016228ASN00\\LE71960352016228ASN00_MTL.txt";
> ossimRefPtr<ossimFfL7>  head = new ossimFfL7(s.c_str()); // it looks like it
> is only for Landsat 7???
>   std::cout << "sensor=" << head->getSatelliteName() << std::endl;
> //it return ".S. Geolog" or other string for Landsat 7 and Landsat 8 --> not
> working
>
>
> Am I doing things with the correct way, or it should be done differently?
> Thank you.
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/OSSIM-is-not-able-to-get-full-Landsat-8-metadata-tp5282904p5283167.html
> Sent from the Ossim-developer mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> _______________________________________________
> www.ossim.org
> Ossim-developer mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/ossim-developer
>


--
Julien MICHEL
CNES - DCT/SI/AP


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
www.ossim.org
Ossim-developer mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/ossim-developer
Loading...