OSM hackday on GRB import

joost schouppe
Hi,

Sunday December 11th, we're having a hackday to work on the concept and tools of an import of GRB data to OpenStreetMap.

The idea is to one day have all GRB building outlines with addresses on the OSM map. As we're conflating the existing OSM data with the new GRB data, this will involve a toolset that will do intelligent stuff, but still need an intelligent operator.

The event is for you if you are interested in how such tools are built, and in the process of getting such imports approved in the OSM environment. Most of the technical stuff is done, now we just have to make the case with OSM data quality guardians.

There will be more events once we can actually start importing. So hold your horses if that is your main interest.

We still don't have a location (I know!), but the date is fixed, and we are clearly aiming to have this in Brussels, close to an IC railway station.

If you plan on coming, please register as soon as possible on our Meetup [1] (or send me a PM) so we know how many folks to expect.

--
Joost Schouppe