OSGeoLive invitation mail was sent to community/incubation projects

OSGeoLive invitation mail was sent to community/incubation projects

Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
Hello,

i just sent a mail to the following community/incubation projects taken
from https://www.osgeo.org/ -> projects -> community projects

actinia
Pronto Raster
GeoServer Client PHP
Loader
GeoHealthCheck
TEAM Engine
GC2/Vidi

I will update you if I have any feedback.

Astrid

Hi,

This is a mail from the OSGeoLive team (read about OSGeoLive at the
bottom of this mail or at https://live. osgeo.org)

We are contacting you as you are incubating to OSGeo or are a community
project already.

We would like to ask you whether you would like to add your software to
OSGeoLive and have more visibility through it.

The OSGeoLive 13.0 build cycle has started already and we would like to
publish OSGeoLive 13.0 in July.

Please download alpha2 version and get to know OSGeoLive[1]
http://aiolos.survey.ntua.gr/gisvm/13.0/osgeolive-13.0alpha2-amd64.iso
(3.8 GB)
http://osprey.ucdavis.edu/downloads/osgeo/gisvm/gisvm/13.0/osgeolive-13.0alpha2-amd64.iso
(3.8 GB)

Many projects have already updated their software and are included in
alpha1. Thank you.

You can find a list of software versions at:

https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive/blob/master/CHANGES.txt

If you would like to add your software to OSGeoLive, you would have to
provide an installer for your software and an overview and quickstart
docuemnt by 25 June 2019.

If you are interested please reply to this mail. Then we would discuss
the necessary steps with you.

Key Milestones - see schedule [4]
25-June-2019 OSGeoLive Feature Freeze (final application versions
installed)
09-Jul-2019 English Project Overviews & Quickstarts complete (commit
your changes on github)
Note: our documentation translation has moved to Transifex [3]
16-Jul-2019 OSGeoLive RC stage (documentation release)
23-Jul-2019 Translations complete (translations are done in Transifex)
[3]
30-Jul-2019 OSGeoLive Final ISO
26-Aug-2019 FOSS4G 2019 Bucharest, Romania [5]

You also can ask on the OSGeoLive mailing list [6] or meet the osgeolive
team on irc #osgeolive or contact me directly.

Warm regards,

Astrid Emde and the OSGeoLive Team

About OSGeoLive
OSGeoLive is a ​Lubuntu based distribution of Geospatial Open Source
Software, available via a Virtual Machine, USB and DVD. OSGeoLive is
pre-installed with robust open source geospatial software, which can be
trialled without installing anything.
It includes:
Close to 50 quality geospatial Open Source applications installed and
pre-configured
Free world maps and sample datasets
Project Overview and step-by-step Quickstart for each application
Lightning presentation of all applications, along with speaker's script
Translations to multiple languages
Homepage: ​https://live.osgeo.org

[1]
http://aiolos.survey.ntua.gr/gisvm/13.0/osgeolive-13.0alpha2-amd64.iso
(3.8 GB)
http://osprey.ucdavis.edu/downloads/osgeo/gisvm/gisvm/13.0/osgeolive-13.0alpha2-amd64.iso
[2] https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeolive/wiki/Source_code
[3] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeoLive#Translate
[4] https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeolive/wiki/Release%20Schedule
[5] http://2019.foss4g.org/
[6] https://live.osgeo.org/en/contact.html

Re: OSGeoLive invitation mail was sent to community/incubation projects

Angelos Tzotsos
Thank you Astrid!

On 6/7/19 4:52 PM, Astrid Emde (OSGeo) wrote:

> [...]
> 26-Aug-2019 FOSS4G 2019 Bucharest, Romania [5]
>
> You also can ask on the OSGeoLive mailing list [6] or meet the
> osgeolive team on irc #osgeolive or contact me directly.
>
> Warm regards,
>
> Astrid Emde and the OSGeoLive Team
>
> About OSGeoLive
> OSGeoLive is a ​Lubuntu based distribution of Geospatial Open Source
> Software, available via a Virtual Machine, USB and DVD. OSGeoLive is
> pre-installed with robust open source geospatial software, which can
> be trialled without installing anything.
> It includes:
> Close to 50 quality geospatial Open Source applications installed and
> pre-configured
> Free world maps and sample datasets
> Project Overview and step-by-step Quickstart for each application
> Lightning presentation of all applications, along with speaker's script

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Re: OSGeoLive invitation mail was sent to community/incubation projects

Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
Hello all,

feedback came from 2 projects:

* Actinia - relṕlied to my mail and will check and come back to us

* GeoHealthCheck - due to time schedule the team can not do it for
Version 13.0. They try it for next release and will hopefully have
GeoHealthCheck ready as Ubuntu/DebianGIS .deb package

Astrid

Am 07.06.2019 15:57 schrieb Angelos Tzotsos:

> [...]
>> pre-configured
>> Free world maps and sample datasets
>> Project Overview and step-by-step Quickstart for each application
>> Lightning presentation of all applications, along with speaker's
>> script
>> Translations to multiple languages
>> Homepage: ​https://live.osgeo.org
>>

>> [1]
>> http://aiolos.survey.ntua.gr/gisvm/13.0/osgeolive-13.0alpha2-amd64.iso
>> (3.8 GB)
>> http://osprey.ucdavis.edu/downloads/osgeo/gisvm/gisvm/13.0/osgeolive-13.0alpha2-amd64.iso
>> [2] https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeolive/wiki/Source_code
>> [3] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeoLive#Translate
>> [4] https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeolive/wiki/Release%20Schedule
>> [5] http://2019.foss4g.org/
>> [6] https://live.osgeo.org/en/contact.html

Re: OSGeoLive invitation mail was sent to community/incubation projects

Nicolas Roelandt
Great ! Thanks Astrid :)

Le mar. 11 juin 2019 à 21:43, Astrid Emde (OSGeo) <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> [...]

>> 30-Jul-2019 OSGeoLive Final ISO
>> 26-Aug-2019 FOSS4G 2019 Bucharest, Romania [5]
>>
>> You also can ask on the OSGeoLive mailing list [6] or meet the
>> osgeolive team on irc #osgeolive or contact me directly.
>>
>> Warm regards,
>>
>> Astrid Emde and the OSGeoLive Team
>>
>> About OSGeoLive
>> OSGeoLive is a ​Lubuntu based distribution of Geospatial Open Source
>> Software, available via a Virtual Machine, USB and DVD. OSGeoLive is
>> pre-installed with robust open source geospatial software, which can
>> be trialled without installing anything.
>> It includes:
>> Close to 50 quality geospatial Open Source applications installed and
>> pre-configured
>> Free world maps and sample datasets
>> Project Overview and step-by-step Quickstart for each application
>> Lightning presentation of all applications, along with speaker's

Bien cordialement,

Nicolas Roelandt
mail: [hidden email]
mobile: +33 (0)6 42 40 42 55