OSGeoLive Desktop Image Suggestion: The Szathmári's sheet of Bucharest

OSGeoLive Desktop Image Suggestion: The Szathmári's sheet of Bucharest

Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
Hello,

I got an answer from the FOSS4G team.

Vasile suggested the following map:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QF3esowr1F6v8fGrf87BbGeFhlNQ59zP/view

Vasile wrote:
"The map is from 1864, so we don't have to worry about copyright.
Though, we can reference the guys who scanned the map and published
online
http://charta1864.gis-it.ro/ "

If we need we can get a larger section of the map

What do you think about the suggestion?

Astrid

Re: OSGeoLive Desktop Image Suggestion: The Szathmári's sheet of Bucharest

Angelos Tzotsos
Thank you Astrid and many thanks to Vasile and BLOC.
This one looks good to me, I guess we will need to add logos and modify
it a bit, but I will let the artists speak.

Cheers,
Angelos

On 6/6/19 10:19 PM, Astrid Emde (OSGeo) wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I got an answer from the FOSS4G team.
>
> Vasile suggested the following map:
>
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QF3esowr1F6v8fGrf87BbGeFhlNQ59zP/view
>
> Vasile wrote:
> "The map is from 1864, so we don't have to worry about copyright.
> Though, we can reference the guys who scanned the map and published
> online
> http://charta1864.gis-it.ro/ "
>
> If we need we can get a larger section of the map
>
> What do you think about the suggestion?
>
> Astrid

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Re: OSGeoLive Desktop Image Suggestion: The Szathmári's sheet of Bucharest

Cameron Shorter
I'm not an artist, but I really like the map too. I think it would make
a great backdrop.

On 7/6/19 8:00 pm, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:

> Thank you Astrid and many thanks to Vasile and BLOC.
> This one looks good to me, I guess we will need to add logos and
> modify it a bit, but I will let the artists speak.
>
> Cheers,
> Angelos
>

> On 6/6/19 10:19 PM, Astrid Emde (OSGeo) wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I got an answer from the FOSS4G team.
>>
>> Vasile suggested the following map:
>>
>> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QF3esowr1F6v8fGrf87BbGeFhlNQ59zP/view
>>
>> Vasile wrote:
>> "The map is from 1864, so we don't have to worry about copyright.
>> Though, we can reference the guys who scanned the map and published
>> online
>> http://charta1864.gis-it.ro/ "
>>
>> If we need we can get a larger section of the map
>>
>> What do you think about the suggestion?
>>
>> Astrid

Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier