OSGeoLive 12 Mapbender does not support PHP 7.2

OSGeoLive 12 Mapbender does not support PHP 7.2

Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
Hello OSGeoLive team,

I discussed with the Mapbender team.

Mapbender 3.0.7.0 will be released this week and should be part of
OSGeoLive.

At the moment this version does not support PHP 7.2 and we will not
manage to fix this till the release of 3.0.7.0.

Our question:
As we are the only project with PHP could we use an older PHP version
f.e. PHP 7.1?

What do you think?

If this is not an option we will discuss a Plan B ;)

I have a meeting tonight, so looks like I won't be able to join the
meeting. So feedback via mail would be great.

Astrid

Re: OSGeoLive 12 Mapbender does not support PHP 7.2

Angelos Tzotsos
Hi Astrid,

Ubuntu Bionic only includes PHP 7.2

Does MapBender support PHP 7.1?
I could give a try to port it from previous Ubuntu release (Artful):

Best,
Angelos

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 5:19 PM, Astrid Emde (OSGeo) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello OSGeoLive team,

I discussed with the Mapbender team.

Mapbender 3.0.7.0 will be released this week and should be part of OSGeoLive.

At the moment this version does not support PHP 7.2 and we will not manage to fix this till the release of 3.0.7.0.

Our question:
As we are the only project with PHP could we use an older PHP version f.e. PHP 7.1?

What do you think?

If this is not an option we will discuss a Plan B ;)

I have a meeting tonight, so looks like I won't be able to join the meeting. So feedback via mail would be great.

Astrid

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
OSGeo Charter Member

Re: OSGeoLive 12 Mapbender does not support PHP 7.2

Johan Van de Wauw
Astrid,

Has it been tested with php 7.2? The changes between both versions seem minor, before we backport a package I think we should be sure that there actually are problems.

Kind Regards,
Johan

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 5:00 PM, Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Sebastiaan Couwenberg
On 06/11/2018 05:00 PM, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
> Ubuntu Bionic only includes PHP 7.2
> https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?suite=bionic&searchon=names&keywords=php
>
> Does MapBender support PHP 7.1?
> I could give a try to port it from previous Ubuntu release (Artful):
> https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?suite=artful&searchon=names&keywords=php

If you need other PHP packages the ondrej PPA is better choice:

 https://launchpad.net/~ondrej/+archive/ubuntu/php/+packages

It has bionic packages for all supported PHP releases.

Note that Ondrej is the PHP maintainer in Debian.

See also: https://deb.sury.org/

Kind Regards,

Bas

Re: OSGeoLive 12 Mapbender does not support PHP 7.2

Angelos Tzotsos
Thanks Bas.

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 6:40 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 06/11/2018 05:00 PM, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
> Ubuntu Bionic only includes PHP 7.2
> https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?suite=bionic&searchon=names&keywords=php
>
> Does MapBender support PHP 7.1?
> I could give a try to port it from previous Ubuntu release (Artful):
> https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?suite=artful&searchon=names&keywords=php

If you need other PHP packages the ondrej PPA is better choice:

 https://launchpad.net/~ondrej/+archive/ubuntu/php/+packages

It has bionic packages for all supported PHP releases.

Note that Ondrej is the PHP maintainer in Debian.

See also: https://deb.sury.org/

Kind Regards,

Bas

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
OSGeo Charter Member

Re: OSGeoLive 12 Mapbender does not support PHP 7.2

Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
Hello all for your answers,

Johan - good point. I agree.

There are some problems. Mapbender release for OSGeoLive is late...

Mapbender 3.0.7.0 is not released yet. It should come this week. Till
now no release package to download is there. But I tested with the
master from github directly.

There is an error which is connected to an external bundle that we
should update:
Compiling component files
> Sensio\Bundle\DistributionBundle\Composer\ScriptHandler::buildBootstrap
PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use 'Object' as class name as it is reserved in
/var/www/html/mapbender_master/application/vendor/nette/nette/Nette/common/Object.php
on line 53
Script
Sensio\Bundle\DistributionBundle\Composer\ScriptHandler::buildBootstrap
handling the post-update-cmd event terminated with an exception

In ScriptHandler.php line 345:

Symfony team says that they work with PHP 7.2 (we work with 2.8)
https://symfony.com/blog/get-ready-for-php-7-2

We have to update our composer.json and refer to never versions.

I reported the error, but it looks like noone will find the time to fix
it. So I should ask wether it could be an option to use an older php
version.

I agree it is not very elegant and I would prefer a different
solution...

Astrid