OSGeo sponsorship opportunities for 2018

OSGeo sponsorship opportunities for 2018

jody.garnett
If your organization fincially contributes to an OSGeo event, community or project you qualify to be cross listed as OSGeo sponsor.

Welcome to an exciting year of community building at OSGeo! Many of our activities are only possible thanks to the support of our volunteers and sponsors. If you are in position to finacially support our community, events and activities in 2018 we would love to hear from you.

OSGeo sponsorship recognizes organizations that support us financially at each level of our community from grass roots local chapter advocacy, hands on project sprints, industry focused foundation initiatives, to outreach at FOSS4G events.

OSGeo initiatives:
  • The conference committee heads up a travel grant program offering financial assistence to help attend OSGeo events.
  • UN Committee is spearheading a series of capacity building exercises supporting open source adoption through improvements to documentation. This initative encourages young innovators, selecting from competing bids to directly support open source.
Event sponsorship opportunities:
  • FOSS4GUK – OSGeo:UK hosting March 8-10
  • OSGeo Code Sprint 2018 Annual Code Sprint comes to Bonn (Germany) March 18-25
  • FOSS4GNA – opportunity to learn, explore, share, and collaborate on the latest foss4g ideas and information May 14-16.
  • FOSS4G-Europe 2018 – FOSS4G Europe, July 16-21, Portugal.
  • FOSS4G – our celebrated annual event August 27 – September 2.
  • Free and Open Source Geographic Information Technologies and Open Data Conference – Comunidad gvSIG Uruguay/GeoForAll Iberoamerica hosting October 18-19
  • FOSS4G Asia 2018 – open source transformation for sustainable development Dec 2-5
  • Additional regional and project events will be announced throughout the year, keep your eye open for a chance to assist either financially or in person.
Project sponsorship opportunities:
  • gvSIG Association supporting the OSGeo gvSig Desktop application
  • QGIS.ORG supporting the OSGeo QGIS Desktop application
  • zoo-project
  • GRASS GIS
  • In addition to those listed above we accepts sponsorship and PayPal donations for all our OSGeo projects and Community projects making funds available to their respective project teams.
Local chapters accepting sponsorship:
OSGeo sponsorship benefits range from website placement, inclusion in promotional material, to events and press releases. For additional information, examples and available discounts, please see our sponsorship page (or contact [hidden email] with your questions).

Re: OSGeo sponsorship opportunities for 2018

Till Adams-3

Dear Jody,

many thanks for this information! Indeed you missed one upcoming event.

In parallel to the OSGeo codesprint from 21.-24.th of March the FOSSGIS conference will take place in Bonn. We have 450 attendees and with that one of the bigger events in our OSGeo-calendar.

We have quite some sponsors:

https://www.fossgis-konferenz.de/2018/ (scroll down)

What must we do in order to get these sponsors cross listed as OSgeo-sponsors?

Thanks, Till

Am 10.03.2018 um 19:06 schrieb Jody Garnett:
[...]

Peter Mooney
Dear All,

Please also be aware of our OSGeo Ireland event in May 2018. We are a small and relatively new event and local chapter. However, we are expecting, and working towards, up to 100 delegates for our one day event.

There will be sponsorship opportunities available - please see our event page [https://www.osgeo.org/events/irish-osgeo-symposium-2018/]

With best wishes,

Peter (on behalf of the organizing committee)

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 10:28 AM, Till Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

delawen
Also, don't forget SigLibre:
https://www.osgeo.org/events/jornadas-sig-libre-2018/

We have a lot of small and medium events we should sponsor, not
everyone can travel to the big ones!

And please, if you are running a FOSS4G event, make sure you add it to
the web page so it reaches more people: https://www.osgeo.org/events/

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 2:09 PM, Peter Mooney <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>>
>> gvSIG Association supporting the OSGeo gvSig Desktop application
>> QGIS.ORG supporting the OSGeo QGIS Desktop application
>> zoo-project
>> GRASS GIS
>> In addition to those listed above we accepts sponsorship and PayPal
>> donations for all our OSGeo projects and Community projects making funds
>> available to their respective project teams.
>>
>> Local chapters accepting sponsorship:
>>
>> OSGeo:UK
>> OSGeo:JP
>> Check with the local chapter near you for more information.
>>
>> OSGeo sponsorship benefits range from website placement, inclusion in
>> promotional material, to events and press releases. For additional
>> information, examples and available discounts, please see our sponsorship
>> page (or contact [hidden email] with your questions).

Re: OSGeo sponsorship opportunities for 2018

Thanks Till, I grabbed the list from the wiki (https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Sponsorship_Opportunities_2018) and finally made the news announcement. See earlier email discussion.

To be cross listed sponsors need to ask, there is an example of just such email on the how to sponsor website page.

--
Jody Garnett

On 12 March 2018 at 03:28, Till Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Very much agreed, I have updated the news announcement with the three events mentioned.