OSGeo participation is increasing

Massimiliano Cannata
Dear OSGeo UnitedNation committe members,
this is to inform you that in the last steering group meeting of the "UN open GIS" initiative more OSgeo members from our committee has been included in the official governance body of the initiative.

Even if the Geo4All is a committe of OSGeo, the initiative wants to keep the OSGeo and Geo4All as two distinct mainstreams, so that the educational aspect is highlighted. This is a good things i y opinion also because double the presence of OSGeo in the initiative.

In addition to Me and Maria Brovelli which are part of the UN open GIS Strategic Committee, I would like to thank for their  availability and announce that:

Jeroen Ticheler (https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Ticheler) for Geo4All
are new members of the UN open GIS Technical Committee

and

Jeffrey Johnson (https://www.linkedin.com/in/ortelius) for OSGeo
Serena Coetzee (https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Serena_Coetzee) for Geo4All
are new members of theUN open GIS Requirement Committee

and

is new members of theUN open GIS Assesment Committee

Best Regards,
Maxi

--
Massimiliano Cannata