OSGeo officer

pcav
Hi all,
Tim is currently our OSGeo officer. I imagine (but I'd be happy to be
wrong) he prefers to step down from this as well. If not, all is fine.
If yes, we have to appoint a new representative. There is no requirement
for the PSC chair to also be the OSGeo officer. I'd be happy to spread
responsibilities, so: are there any volunteers?
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu

Re: OSGeo officer

Tim Sutton-6
Hi

Yeah I think it makes more sense for a PSC member to do it.

Thanks Paolo.

Regards

Tim

On 21 May 2018, at 11:37, Paolo Cavallini <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,
Tim is currently our OSGeo officer. I imagine (but I'd be happy to be
wrong) he prefers to step down from this as well. If not, all is fine.
If yes, we have to appoint a new representative. There is no requirement
for the PSC chair to also be the OSGeo officer. I'd be happy to spread
responsibilities, so: are there any volunteers?
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu

---

Tim Sutton

smime.p7s (2K) Download Attachment

Re: OSGeo officer

pcav
It makes sense also to me.
Any volunteer?
All the best.

Il 21/05/2018 14:22, Tim Sutton ha scritto:

> Hi
>
> Yeah I think it makes more sense for a PSC member to do it.
>
> Thanks Paolo.
>
> Regards
>
> Tim
>
>> On 21 May 2018, at 11:37, Paolo Cavallini <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>> Tim is currently our OSGeo officer. I imagine (but I'd be happy to be
>> wrong) he prefers to step down from this as well. If not, all is fine.
>> If yes, we have to appoint a new representative. There is no requirement
>> for the PSC chair to also be the OSGeo officer. I'd be happy to spread
>> responsibilities, so: are there any volunteers?
>> All the best.
>> --
>> Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu <http://www.faunalia.eu>
>> QGIS & PostGIS courses: http://www.faunalia.eu/training.html
>> https://www.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=IT&q=qgis,arcgis
>

> ---
>
> *Tim Sutton*

Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu

Re: OSGeo officer

Anita Graser
Il 21/05/2018 14:22, Tim Sutton ha scritto:
> Yeah I think it makes more sense for a PSC member to do it.

​Tim, could you describe in a few words what this role encompassed over the past years so potential volunteers understand?​

​Thanks
Anita

Re: OSGeo officer

Tim Sutton-6
Hi Anita

On 21 May 2018, at 14:53, Anita Graser <[hidden email]> wrote:

Il 21/05/2018 14:22, Tim Sutton ha scritto:
> Yeah I think it makes more sense for a PSC member to do it.

​Tim, could you describe in a few words what this role encompassed over the past years so potential volunteers understand?​

To be honest, until now the only thing I did was share the annual reports. Occasionally I would get contacted with top down OSGEO queries but the input requirements are very low IMHO.

Regards

Tim

​Thanks
Anita

---

Il 21/05/2018 15:30, Tim Sutton ha scritto:

> To be honest, until now the only thing I did was share the annual
> reports. Occasionally I would get contacted with top down OSGEO queries
> but the input requirements are very low IMHO.

I can confirm, the same holds true for Osgeo local chapters.
All the best.

On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 3:33 PM, Paolo Cavallini <[hidden email]> wrote:
Il 21/05/2018 15:30, Tim Sutton ha scritto:

> To be honest, until now the only thing I did was share the annual
> reports. Occasionally I would get contacted with top down OSGEO queries
> but the input requirements are very low IMHO.

I can confirm, the same holds true for Osgeo local chapters.

​I can serve as OSGeo officer if nobody else wants to take this opportunity.

Regards,
Anita​

Re: OSGeo officer

Marco Bernasocchi-2
Hi All,

I can take this.

Cheers

Marco

On 21.05.2018 14:38, Paolo Cavallini wrote:

> It makes sense also to me.
> Any volunteer?
> All the best.
>
> Il 21/05/2018 14:22, Tim Sutton ha scritto:
>> Hi
>>
>> Yeah I think it makes more sense for a PSC member to do it.
>>
>> Thanks Paolo.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Tim
>>
>>> On 21 May 2018, at 11:37, Paolo Cavallini <[hidden email]
>>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>> Tim is currently our OSGeo officer. I imagine (but I'd be happy to be
>>> wrong) he prefers to step down from this as well. If not, all is fine.
>>> If yes, we have to appoint a new representative. There is no requirement
>>> for the PSC chair to also be the OSGeo officer. I'd be happy to spread
>>> responsibilities, so: are there any volunteers?
>>> All the best.
>>> --
>>> Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu <http://www.faunalia.eu>
>>> QGIS & PostGIS courses: http://www.faunalia.eu/training.html
>>> https://www.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=IT&q=qgis,arcgis
>>

>> ---
>>
>> *Tim Sutton*

Marco Bernasocchi

QGIS.org Co-chair
http://berna.io

Re: OSGeo officer

pcav
Il 22/05/2018 10:58, Marco Bernasocchi ha scritto:
> Hi All,
>
> I can take this.

Wow, two volunteers!
I think Anita is in a better position to take it, because of her role in
osgeo.
Thanks to both.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu