OSGeo local chapter status

John Bryant
Hi all, a bit of exciting news to share from FOSS4G in Bucharest...

As discussed over last several months [1], we've been working towards forming a local/regional chapter of OSGeo. We submitted a request for recognition to the OSGeo board in July [2]. At yesterday's board meeting, they approved our request, so OSGeo Oceania is now a full-fledged local chapter!

Additionally, we requested funding for financial assistance [3] with obtaining professional advice on some outstanding questions on our legal entity and accounting, and this was also approved.

We now have a page on the OSGeo website [4]. It could probably use a bit more content, so if anyone wants to help with this, please do! I encourage you to register as an OSGeo member on the OSGeo website and wiki... this will help build strong connections between Oceania and the rest of the world. See this page [5] for some tips on how to get started.

Cheers!
John

Re: OSGeo local chapter status

Edoardo Neerhut
That's excellent news John. Well done coordinating this.

Registering for edit access. I think I was finally approved for the Wiki recently also. Maybe a task for next week's down time.