OSGeo budget plan request

delawen
Dear OSGeo Open GeoScience Committee,

OSGeo is reaching out to all committees, to help plan our budget for
2019. Teams with an annual plan (to pursue a specific goal) are
welcomed to send a detailed request for approval (e.g.
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GvSIG_Budget_2019)

A good idea is to focus on OSGeo participation, for example attending
the AGM or OSGeo code sprint or extending outreach of the committee.
Also keep in mind OSGeo goals as an organization, (e.g.
interoperability goal: CITE compliance or participation developing new
standards)

We would like to ask you to help us with budget proposals to assist
your committee. This will help us set aside a realistic amount of
funding.

Please add your project info to the budget draft at:

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2019

ideally by the end of January and ahead of our January board meeting.

When making a budget request please keep in mind the vision and goals
of our foundation, along with any obligations you wish to meet.

Thank you and best wishes,

On behalf of OSGeo Board,

María

Re: OSGeo budget plan request

Helena Mitasova-7
Is opengeoscience committee planning to do a budget request for 2019?
If yes, it needs to be done ASAP as the board is discussing the budget already,

Thank you, Helena

> On Jan 13, 2019, at 1:27 PM, María Arias de Reyna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear OSGeo Open GeoScience Committee,
>
> OSGeo is reaching out to all committees, to help plan our budget for
> 2019. Teams with an annual plan (to pursue a specific goal) are
> welcomed to send a detailed request for approval (e.g.
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GvSIG_Budget_2019)
>
> A good idea is to focus on OSGeo participation, for example attending
> the AGM or OSGeo code sprint or extending outreach of the committee.
> Also keep in mind OSGeo goals as an organization, (e.g.
> interoperability goal: CITE compliance or participation developing new
> standards)
>
> We would like to ask you to help us with budget proposals to assist
> your committee. This will help us set aside a realistic amount of
> funding.
>
> Please add your project info to the budget draft at:
>
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2019
>
> ideally by the end of January and ahead of our January board meeting.
>
> When making a budget request please keep in mind the vision and goals
> of our foundation, along with any obligations you wish to meet.
>
> Thank you and best wishes,
>
> On behalf of OSGeo Board,
>
> María

Helena Mitasova
Professor at the Department of Marine,
Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences
Associate director and faculty fellow at the Center for Geospatial Analytics
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-8208

Re: OSGeo budget plan request

Massimiliano Cannata
Dear Helena and board,

It has been slightly modified after your previous comments.

Maxi