OSGeo US February Newsletter

guidos
Hey folks,

----------
tl;dr

----------

Hey everyone,

I hope you are all well and doing interesting work. It's been almost a year now since the pandemic began in the US and we are all still seeking ways to connect with our community, virtually.

As discussed at the community sprint last year, we are planning on building community and technical content for our community. We are starting this off by running social events monthly (Thirsty Thursdays) and organizing national events (FedGeoday).

Hope to see you at the first social event,

Guido
President, OSGeo US Local Chapter

Thirsty Thursday starts next week
We are going to have a social event next week and start experimenting with ways to connect virtually. This month we are going to try to do a regular social event and meet up using kumospace. Kumospace is a fun way to gather and create spaces for smaller groups to chat in a way that feels a little more natural than zoom rooms.

Volunteers and committee members needed for upcoming events
Events are going to be run this year using some new tech and we could use help with organizing the program, technical support, video capture, and outreach. The goals for these events include socialization, learning, content creation, OSGeo tech adoption, and improving our efforts to be inclusive and diverse.

If you are interested in helping out, please email us at [hidden email].