OSGeo:UK Involvement in UK Mapping Festival in September

OSGeo:UK Involvement in UK Mapping Festival in September

Jo Cook
Hi All,

OSGeo:UK has tentatively agreed to be involved with the UK Mapping Festival that's running in London from the 2nd to the 7th September. The details are fairly fluid at the moment, but there's an option for OSGeo:UK to take over one of the sessions (see the attached overviews).

I'll be blunt- this is only going to happen if people step up and volunteer to run something because several key people are unavailable- though of course we will help with organisation and prep.

We need to get back to the organisers fairly soon if this is something we definitely want to be involved with, so at this point if anyone is interested then let me know- we can confirm our interest and finalise details at a later date. I'll need expressions of interest in the next few days if possible.

Thanks

Jo

--
Jo Cook
t:+44 7930 524 155/twitter:@archaeogeek

--
Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 7RL, UK
t:+44 1372 744 009 w: astuntechnology.com twitter:@astuntech

Company registration no. 5410695. Registered in England and Wales. Registered office: 120 Manor Green Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8LN VAT no. 864201149.

UK Mapping Conference 2018 Programme concept.pdf (255K) Download Attachment
UK Mapping Festival 2018 Overview.docx (122K) Download Attachment

Re: OSGeo:UK Involvement in UK Mapping Festival in September

Andy Burnham
Hello Jo, I'd be pleased to help out with this, I can be in London on some of those days (not the 6th).

Andy B
Former list lurker
Megalithic Portal Founder / Editor/ Developer
QGIS, Leaflet and Openlayers user / coder (a bit)
Non expert but enthusiastic open source mapping user. Maps:

On Mon, 23 Apr 2018 at 09:37, Jo Cook <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi List,

I didn't have a lot of response to this request about the mapping festival (thanks to the one person who did). I think that probably means we don't collectively have the capacity to be involved- obviously this kind of thing requires capacity beforehand for organisation as well as actually during the event. This is a last call for interest- if not I'll go back to them and say we can't really be involved.

Thanks all,

Jo