OSGeo Server Parts Order

123

OSGeo Server Parts Order

Alex Mandel-2
Michael,

Please order the following replacement server parts for our machines at
OSUOSL.

2x YFG1C Dell 870W Power Supply
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00456W6A2/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_U_x_voaaDbABVTDES

6x Seagate Exos 7E2 2TB Internal Hard Drive HDD – 3.5 Inch 6Gb/s 7200
RPM 128MB SATA
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D98C9XB/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_U_x_KYaaDbHS3TGFS

Approximate total $779.86

Shipping
ATTN: Lance Albertson
OSU Open Source Lab
224 Milne Computer Center
1800 SW Campus Way
Corvallis, OR 97331

Thanks,
Alex
OSGeo Sys Admin Committee Chair

[support.osuosl.org #30704] OSGeo Server Parts Order

Lance Albertson via RT
A new ticket has been created and assigned an ID of [support.osuosl.org/30704].

---

Re: OSGeo Server Parts Order

Michael Smith
Order has been placed, It was $776, scheduled to arrive Monday

Mike

--
Michael Smith
OSGeo Foundation Treasurer

[support.osuosl.org #30705] Re: OSGeo Server Parts Order

Lance Albertson via RT
A new ticket has been created and assigned an ID of [support.osuosl.org/30705].

---

On Thu Jun 27 08:56:58 2019, [hidden email] wrote:
> Order has been placed, It was $776, scheduled to arrive Monday

Can you please provide a tracking number once you're able to?

Thanks-

--
Lance Albertson
Director

Re: [support.osuosl.org #30704] OSGeo Server Parts Order

Michael Smith
Will do

Michael Smith

> On Jun 27, 2019, at 12:04 PM, Lance Albertson via RT <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On Thu Jun 27 08:56:58 2019, [hidden email] wrote:
>> Order has been placed, It was $776, scheduled to arrive Monday
>
> Can you please provide a tracking number once you're able to?
>
> Thanks-
>
> --
> Lance Albertson
> Director
> Oregon State University | Open Source Lab

Re: [support.osuosl.org #30704] OSGeo Server Parts Order

Lance Albertson via RT
Will do

Michael Smith

> On Jun 27, 2019, at 12:04 PM, Lance Albertson via RT <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On Thu Jun 27 08:56:58 2019, [hidden email] wrote:
>> Order has been placed, It was $776, scheduled to arrive Monday
>
> Can you please provide a tracking number once you're able to?
>
> Thanks-
>
> --
> Lance Albertson
> Director
> Oregon State University | Open Source Lab

Re: [support.osuosl.org #30704] OSGeo Server Parts Order

Michael Smith
Shipped with FedEx
Tracking ID: 788156351399

Mike

--
Michael Smith
OSGeo Foundation Treasurer
[hidden email]

    On Thu Jun 27 08:56:58 2019, [hidden email] wrote:
    > Order has been placed, It was $776, scheduled to arrive Monday

    Can you please provide a tracking number once you're able to?

    Thanks-

    --
    Lance Albertson
    Director

    On Thu Jun 27 08:56:58 2019, [hidden email] wrote:
    > Order has been placed, It was $776, scheduled to arrive Monday

    Can you please provide a tracking number once you're able to?

    Thanks-

    --
    Lance Albertson
    Director

[support.osuosl.org #30704] OSGeo Server Parts Order

Lance Albertson via RT
On Thu Jun 27 08:56:58 2019, [hidden email] wrote:
> Order has been placed, It was $776, scheduled to arrive Monday

We got this package in today. I'll work with a student to get these installed
soon.

--
Lance Albertson
Director

Re: [support.osuosl.org #30704] OSGeo Server Parts Order

Regina Obe
Lance,

Just checking on whether you moved forward with putting in new disks and power supply into osgeo4?

We are ready to set up osgeo4.

Please let us know if you need anything from us.
I forget what we decided on osgeo3.  We still have some production VMS on that one that we plan to move off in the coming month or so.

Thanks,
Regina

    On Thu Jun 27 08:56:58 2019, [hidden email] wrote:
    > Order has been placed, It was $776, scheduled to arrive Monday

    Can you please provide a tracking number once you're able to?

    Thanks-

    --
    Lance Albertson
    Director

    On Thu Jun 27 08:56:58 2019, [hidden email] wrote:
    > Order has been placed, It was $776, scheduled to arrive Monday

    Can you please provide a tracking number once you're able to?

    Thanks-

    --
    Lance Albertson
    Director

    On Thu Jun 27 08:56:58 2019, [hidden email] wrote:
    > Order has been placed, It was $776, scheduled to arrive Monday

    Can you please provide a tracking number once you're able to?

    Thanks-

    --
    Lance Albertson
    Director

Re: [support.osuosl.org #30704] OSGeo Server Parts Order

Lance Albertson via RT
Apologies for the delay. I was wanting to walk through doing this with a
student and I've been on vacation for the last two weeks. We'll be getting
to this next week when I'm back in the office.

--
Lance Albertson
Director

On Thu, Aug 1, 2019, 2:34 PM via RT <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Lance,
>
> Just checking on whether you moved forward with putting in new disks and
> power supply into osgeo4?
>
> We are ready to set up osgeo4.
>
> Please let us know if you need anything from us.
> I forget what we decided on osgeo3.  We still have some production VMS on
> that one that we plan to move off in the coming month or so.
>
> Thanks,
> Regina

No worries.  Lots of vacations around here. Great.

Thank You,
Regina

On Thu Aug 01 15:32:23 2019, [hidden email] wrote:
> No worries.  Lots of vacations around here. Great.

We finally got the parts in the machines. How would you like the disks to be
configured in the HW RAID? RAID5, RAID6? RAID10? Also, I'd imagine you want this
machine to be moved onto a public network? Do you want us to install the OS, and
if so what?

Thanks-

On 8/16/19 15:21, Lance Albertson via RT wrote:

> On Thu Aug 01 15:32:23 2019, [hidden email] wrote:
>> No worries.  Lots of vacations around here. Great.
>
> We finally got the parts in the machines. How would you like the disks to be
> configured in the HW RAID? RAID5, RAID6? RAID10? Also, I'd imagine you want this
> machine to be moved onto a public network? Do you want us to install the OS, and
> if so what?
>
> Thanks-

Hmm, we plan to run Ubuntu 18.04 with ZFS so that we can easily do lxd
containers. Last I checked installing ZFS during install was kind of
annoying, so maybe a small slice off one drive as ext4 for the OS and
the rest ZFS post install. In which case the "Raiding" would be done via
ZFS in software?

I'll let someone chime in if that doesn't sound right.

Thanks,
Alex

Re: [support.osuosl.org #30704] OSGeo Server Parts Order

Lance Albertson via RT
On 8/16/19 15:21, Lance Albertson via RT wrote:

> On Thu Aug 01 15:32:23 2019, [hidden email] wrote:
>> No worries.  Lots of vacations around here. Great.
>
> We finally got the parts in the machines. How would you like the disks to be
> configured in the HW RAID? RAID5, RAID6? RAID10? Also, I'd imagine you want this
> machine to be moved onto a public network? Do you want us to install the OS, and
> if so what?
>
> Thanks-

Hmm, we plan to run Ubuntu 18.04 with ZFS so that we can easily do lxd
containers. Last I checked installing ZFS during install was kind of
annoying, so maybe a small slice off one drive as ext4 for the OS and
the rest ZFS post install. In which case the "Raiding" would be done via
ZFS in software?

I'll let someone chime in if that doesn't sound right.

Thanks,
Alex

Re: [support.osuosl.org #30704] OSGeo Server Parts Order

Michael Smith
ZFS on Ubuntu 18 is just  sudo apt install zfsutils-linux

Michael Smith
OSGeo Treasurer

>> On Aug 16, 2019, at 7:50 PM, Alex M <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> On 8/16/19 15:21, Lance Albertson via RT wrote:
>>> On Thu Aug 01 15:32:23 2019, [hidden email] wrote:
>>> No worries.  Lots of vacations around here. Great.
>>
>> We finally got the parts in the machines. How would you like the disks to be
>> configured in the HW RAID? RAID5, RAID6? RAID10? Also, I'd imagine you want this
>> machine to be moved onto a public network? Do you want us to install the OS, and
>> if so what?
>>
>> Thanks-
>
> Hmm, we plan to run Ubuntu 18.04 with ZFS so that we can easily do lxd
> containers. Last I checked installing ZFS during install was kind of
> annoying, so maybe a small slice off one drive as ext4 for the OS and
> the rest ZFS post install. In which case the "Raiding" would be done via
> ZFS in software?
>
> I'll let someone chime in if that doesn't sound right.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex
123