OSGeo Oceania elections

John Bryant
Hi all,

Following our first membership intake [1], we will be running elections for the OSGeo Oceania board of directors. After the intake is complete, members will be invited to nominate candidates for election. (As a reminder, only members are eligible to stand for election, so if this is something you're interested in, make sure you nominate as a member by 26 Nov.)

The Oceania wiki page [2] has more details on the election process. It's our first time around, so if anything's not clear please say the word.

We'll be using third-party election software (ElectionBuddy) to ensure everything runs smoothly and correctly. Ideally, we'll have a member who isn't standing for election to act as a Returning Officer, to oversee the election. Any volunteers?

Cheers
John

Re: OSGeo Oceania elections

Tim Bowden-2
On Fri, 2019-11-22 at 09:05 +1100, John Bryant wrote:
> Returning Officer

Happy to offer my services, providing the membership committee smile
favourable on my application.

;)

Cheers,
Tim Bowden

Re: OSGeo Oceania elections

John Bryant
Thanks Tim, very much appreciated. I'll get in touch directly to get you up to speed.

Cheers
John