OSGeo Oceania board elections: currently open

OSGeo Oceania board elections: currently open

Tim Bowden-2
All,

Just a reminder to current members that the board elections are open,
but close this Friday evening (11.45pm Perth, 5.45am Saturday in NZ).
 You should have received an email from [hidden email],
generated from our voting system, Election Buddy.  Please remember to
vote by this Friday!  If you have any problems, please send an email to
[hidden email] asap.  As the returning officer for the
elections, I will do what I can to sort out any issues.

So far the Election Buddy voting system is reporting that 42% of
members have voted already which is great, but it would be good to see
this a lot higher by the time voting closes.

There are 14 really good candidates for 9 board positions- not an easy
choice, but that's much better than the alternative.

For those who have not yet become official members of the OSGeo Oceania
chapter but would like to, I believe the intention is for another
intake towards the end of Q1 next year.

Cheers,
Tim Bowden