OSGeo Oceania board election results

OSGeo Oceania Elections
Hello all,

The election of OSGeo Oceania board directors has now closed, and the results are in. There were 9 director positions available, and 14 candidates. These 9 candidates were elected (listed in alphabetical order):
  •     Adam Steer
  •     Alex Leith
  •     Daniel Silk
  •     Dionne Hansen
  •     Emma Hain
  •     Greg Lauer
  •     John Bryant
  •     Martin Tomko
  •     Trisha Moriarty
Thank you to all who ran, your contribution is highly valued.

From our formal membership base of 99 people, 72 of you voted (73%). Thank you for voting.

Kind regards,
The OSGeo Oceania election team

Re: OSGeo Oceania board election results

John Bryant
Thanks to our returning officer Tim Bowden for managing our first election and keeping it on track. Job well done!

I'd also like to express my gratitude to outgoing directors Edoardo Neerhut, Jonah Sullivan, and Kerry Smyth, all of whom were instrumental in starting the FOSS4G SotM Oceania conference in 2018, and have made major contributions over the last 2 years. I know we'll be seeing lots of Jonah over the next year as the co-chair of the 2020 conference, and I hope Edoardo and Kerry are keen to continue to participate. Thank you for your service to this community.

Welcome to our 2020 board [1], particularly Emma and Dionne as new directors, and Adam as a returning director. I'm looking forward to working with you.

And finally, thanks to all who took the initiative to stand for election. It's courageous, and having a strong array of people standing for election makes this community stronger. I heard several times this week how difficult a decision it was to cast a vote, it's a testament to the high calibre of people we had on the ballot.