OSGeo Oceania Special Interest Groups Guidelines draft for public comments (by 2nd Oct)

OSGeo Oceania Special Interest Groups Guidelines draft for public comments (by 2nd Oct)

Martin Tomko

--- This message failed to make it through the mailing list, re-sending…

Dear OSGeo Oceania community,

OSGeo Oceania has recently been approached by the QGIS and OSM communities to for topic-specific groups within OSGeo Oceania, enabling them to coordinate topic-specific activities, while using the organisation’s infrastructure ( primarily, financial).

To handle these requests systematically, we have drafted “Special Interest Group Guidelines”, with a round of feedback from the QGIS and OSM proposers.

We are now opening these for an additional round of public comments: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qeiDdZS84BTgp6Er88YBaPKtLrUBDqt7hguy2dzXqPM/edit?usp=sharing

Before the OSGeo Oceania board gets to approve these.

Please, feel free to comment in the document ( it is opened for comments and suggestions only), or email me directly with any comments. Please, share with members of the community that may not be on this mailing list.

I would appreciate if we could close this round of comments by the 2nd of October, so that the two groups (QGIS and OSM) can get certainty about the goalposts as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Martin