OSGeo Oceania February board minutes

Edoardo Neerhut-2
Hi everyone,

Please find attached the meeting minutes for the February OSGeo Oceania board meeting which took place on Friday. All board meetings can be found on the OSGeo wiki as well.

I'll follow up in early March with some announcements on our objectives for the rest of the year and the ways people can get involved.

If you have questions on the minutes or anything else, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

Ed & The OSGeo Oceania board.

20210219 Agenda & Minutes.pdf (58K) Download Attachment

Re: OSGeo Oceania February board minutes

John Bryant
Thanks a lot Ed, appreciate being kept up to date on the outcomes of board meetings.

I have a question - there is a section "Good Mojo Fund" - is this related to the recent work on microgrants, or a separate thing?

Thanks
John

On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 at 13:06, Edoardo Neerhut <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Please find attached the meeting minutes for the February OSGeo Oceania board meeting which took place on Friday. All board meetings can be found on the OSGeo wiki as well.

I'll follow up in early March with some announcements on our objectives for the rest of the year and the ways people can get involved.

If you have questions on the minutes or anything else, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

Ed & The OSGeo Oceania board.

Re: OSGeo Oceania February board minutes

Jonah Sullivan
Thanks for bringing this up.

The good mojo fund and the microgrants initiative are easy to confuse.

The good mojo fund is a specific pool of money used to enable participation by underrepresented sections of our community. It is enduring in its current form.

The microgrants initiative is a new fund and a new funding mechanism to facilitate grass roots events.

The purpose and function are similar, but they're seperate.

In these minutes the references to "good mojo" should be replaced with "microgrants".

On Tue, 23 Feb 2021, 17:28 John Bryant, <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Good question John, and thanks for making the distinction clear Jonah. My slip up as scribe.

Incredibly excited about the Microgrants initiative. Thanks for all the work you and others put into it!