OSGeo-Live Press release 77: What's in the OSGeo-Live 11.0 reboot?
29 May 2017
In line with the OSGeo-Live reboot  we have identified the following
We will only support a 64 bit distribution, (32 bit will be built but
not tested or officially supported).
We will no longer provide:
* Windows installers,
* Write ups for OGC Standards,
* Write ups for libraries without a user interface (on a case-by-case
Stray projects: We haven't got a point of contact for these projects. If
you know something about this project, and can help review docs, then
please consider adopting the project. Without a volunteer, we will need
to consider retiring them from OSGeo-Live. Work commitment is low, kudos
and karma very high :)
* JOSM (OpenStreetMap editor http://www.openstreetmap.org/about)
Projects recommended to be retired from OSGeo-Live:
* pywps (quickstart broken)
* Most projects have at least minor tweaks required for the docs, some
have outright errors.
* We are asking each project to, check their project overview, run the
application on an OSGeo-Live VM (10.5 or a recent nightly build), run
every step of the quickstart, update if required, and tell us when done.
* Once verified, we will add the project back into the OSGeo-Live 11.0
* We will call on all projects to test their projects and quickstarts
again in an OSGeo-Live 11.0 beta.
For specific project comments, see the OSGeo-Live status spreadsheet,
column T "11.0 Comment", and column U "10.5 Doc Review".
OSGeo-Live (http://live.osgeo.org) is a Lubuntu (http://lubuntu.net)
based distribution of Geospatial Open Source Software, available via a
Live DVD, Virtual Machine and USB. You can use OSGeo-Live to try a wide
variety of open source geospatial software without installing anything.