OSGeo Live Presentation slides and speaker notes needed for RUFORUM

12

OSGeo Live Presentation slides and speaker notes needed for RUFORUM

Suchith Anand

Hi all,

Could you please let me know where the OSGeoLive presentation slides and notes link is. I remember seeing the link in the main OSGeoLive page sometime back  but cannot find it now at https://live.osgeo.org/en/index.html

The 15th Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM) will be held at the University of Cape Coast (UCC) in Ghana from 2-6 December, 2019. Details at https://www.ruforum.org/AGM2019/

I would like to introduce  Emmanuel Okalany from the  Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM) who will be helping us to share OSGeo Live and GeoForAll resources with the RUFORUM community

I have requested GODAN colleague Kiringai Kamau who will  be attending the event to take some OSGeo Live USBs with him to give to Emmanuel  so he can learn more about OSGeo Live and plan ideas for training programs in AgriGIS at RUFORUM universities for the future.

I understand from Emmanuel that there are PhD training programs planned at RUFORUM 2019, so if you can send the slides of OSGeo Live overview , he can get the trainers to share it with students.

Best wishes,

Suchith

attachment.

where permitted by law.

Re: OSGeo Live Presentation slides and speaker notes needed for RUFORUM

Cameron Shorter

Yes, I've noticed that someone has disabled the link to our speaker notes from the front page.

You can find the prior release from here: https://live.osgeo.org/archive/12.0/en/

You will likely need to view the slides in Firefox to see the speaker notes as popups are probably blocked for you from Chrome/IE.

On 22/11/19 6:56 pm, Suchith Anand wrote:

[...]

Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254

Re: OSGeo Live Presentation slides and speaker notes needed for RUFORUM

Suchith Anand

Many thanks. Greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,

Suchith

Re: OSGeo Live Presentation slides and speaker notes needed for RUFORUM

Brian M Hamlin

Hi All -

  another resource is the development version of the docs, whose 'Master Branch' may be seen at:

  https://osgeo.github.io/OSGeoLive-doc/en/index.html

Please be aware that these are "under construction" and may change from time to time,

however, the reveal.js content is included.. The regular content at the master site gets updated less often, so the reveal.js content will return there also. With patience, this will get sorted out.

best regards from Berkeley, California

  -Brian M Hamlin

On 11/21/19 11:56 PM, Suchith Anand wrote:

[...]

Kiringai Kamau-2
Suchith,

The OSGeo Presentation is here but seems less navigable (use the Tab--> for navigation) that is the case with the Bootup USB-based presentation.

I will share with Emmanuel in Accra the USBs for their replication when we explore how to increase the user community in Africa through universities.

Cheers!

On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 10:57 AM Suchith Anand <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

GODAN Africa Lead
Programme for Capacity Development in Africa (P4CDA Africa)

GODAN Head Office

845 Sherbrooke Street West, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 0G4

Macdonald Campus, McGill University, 21111 Lakeshore Road, Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue, QC H9X 3V9

Programme for Capacity Development in Africa (P4CDA)

PO Box 1618, 00100 GPO Nairobi, 1st Floor, Nyaku House, Argwings Kodhek Road

Cell: +254 722 800 986/+254 733 375 505

Email: [hidden email] or [hidden email]

Website: www.godan.info or www.perfect.africa, Tweeter: @kiringaik, Skype: kiringai.kamau

Re: OSGeo Live Presentation slides and speaker notes needed for RUFORUM

Kiringai Kamau-2
Thanks, Brian,

The presentation in this link is the same as you find in the bootable USB...

Now we have it...

On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 7:30 PM Brian M Hamlin <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Victor Sunday
Hi Kiringai,
look forward to getting the USB too as discussed for Capacity development in Nigeria.
Thanks
Victor

On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 6:48 PM Kiringai Kamau <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Re: OSGeo Live Presentation slides and speaker notes needed for RUFORUM

kiringai

Wonderful Enock!

See you in Cape Coast!

Kiringai

Re: OSGeo Live Presentation slides and speaker notes needed for RUFORUM

Kiringai Kamau-2
Dears,

If we have any members of RUFORUM in this forum that will be participating in the RUFORUM Conference, kindly link up with me or with Emmanuel so that we can plan feasible actions on OSGeo that links research, communities, and academia.

It will be the essence for GODAN to put our heads together in this inaugural meeting, as we also explore how to integrate Open Science into the RUFORUM Conferences.

Cheers|

On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 9:26 AM <[hidden email]> wrote:

Wonderful Enock!

See you in Cape Coast!

Kiringai

Re: OSGeo Live Presentation slides and speaker notes needed for RUFORUM

Suchith Anand

This is excellent updates. Thanks all.

Hi Enock, Emmanuel, Kiringai, please make use of RUFORUM 2019 to meet and discuss ideas to expand AgriGIS Capacity development using OSGeoLive in universities across Africa. Please also inform about the OSGeoLive resources to all participants of the conference so they can also make use of this. Thanks.

Best wishes,

Suchith

Re: OSGeo Live Presentation slides and speaker notes needed for RUFORUM

Okalany, Emmanuel

Dear Anand and all,

Thank you for all the email communication and apologies for coming back late on this.

We are in the middle of logistical preparations and I have just arrived in Cape Coast.

If we are to meet in the evening of 2nd December (7-8pm) or Wednesday 4th December (7-8pm). I will confirm to the venue.

During the day, it will be challenging for me because I am a rapporteur in several sessions.

Emmanuel

Hi Enock, Emmanuel, Kiringai, please make use of RUFORUM 2019 to meet and discuss ideas to expand AgriGIS Capacity development using OSGeoLive in universities across Africa. Please also inform about the OSGeoLive resources to all participants of the conference so they can also make use of this. Thanks.

Best wishes,

Suchith

Re: OSGeo Live Presentation slides and speaker notes needed for RUFORUM

Okalany, Emmanuel

Thanks Enoch.

I will be glad to meet and have some discussions with you in Cape Coast. Please let me know when you arrive.

By the way, for Victor, Port Harcourt is a member of RUFORUM so it will be nice work with you as well on this as the RUFORUM Network.

Kind regards

Emmanuel

Re: OSGeo Live Presentation slides and speaker notes needed for RUFORUM

Okalany, Emmanuel

Dear Anand,

Thank you for introducing me to the OSGeo live community and products.

I will definitely join the mailing list and also share the links to the presentations with the trainers. I just arrived in Cape Coast and will follow-up with this.

I have also copied in my colleagues Anthony, David and Francis whom I believe will be interested in this as well.

RUFORUM looks forward to a fruitful collaboration with OSGeo team.

Kind regards

Emmanuel Okalany

Technical Specialist – Development and Partnership

Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM)

Plot 151/155 Garden Hill, Makerere University Main Campus

P.O Box 16811 Wandegeya | Kampala, Uganda

Telephone: +256-417-713-300 (UTL) and 0312-181-300 (MTN)

Direct Line: +256-417-713-317 and 0312-181-317 | Mobile: +256774927973

Alt. email: [hidden email] | Skype: Okalanyemma

Website: www.ruforum.org; Institutional Repository: http://repository.ruforum.org/

cid:image001.jpg@01D56173.790D3660

cid:image002.png@01D56173.790D3660   cid:image003.png@01D56173.790D3660  cid:image004.jpg@01D56173.790D3660  cid:image005.png@01D56173.790D3660  cid:image006.png@01D56173.790D3660   cid:image007.png@01D56173.790D3660   cid:image008.png@01D56173.790D3660   [hidden email]

cid:image010.gif@01D56173.790D3660Please consider the environment before printing this email.

Re: OSGeo Live Presentation slides and speaker notes needed for RUFORUM

Victor Sunday
Emmanuel,
Thanks for that information,I will work on that,let me have the contacts of participants from Nigeria,if you have access to that as the conference commences.
Wish you best of the conference deliberations and OSGeo-GODAN-REFORUM capacity building meeting
Victor

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019 at 9:42 PM Okalany, Emmanuel <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks Enoch.

I will be glad to meet and have some discussions with you in Cape Coast. Please let me know when you arrive.

By the way, for Victor, Port Harcourt is a member of RUFORUM so it will be nice work with you as well on this as the RUFORUM Network.

Kind regards

Emmanuel

Re: OSGeo Live Presentation slides and speaker notes needed for RUFORUM

Kiringai Kamau-2
Immanuel,

This is to let you know that some logistical hitch hit my travel and was not able to be booked on time to come over to Cape Coast.

Kindly tender my apologies for this to your team...we shall link up at your secretariat at Makerere.

Sincerely,

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019 at 11:42 PM Okalany, Emmanuel <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Sorry Kiringai,

Emmanuel, Can you please share the time of the session and agenda with as soon as possible, so I can plan how to get to Cape Coast in the earliest time. Here's my call contact 0275657589.

Le sam. 30 nov. 2019 à 07:30, Kiringai Kamau <[hidden email]> a écrit :
[...]

Dear Enoch,

Are you replacing Dr. Kamau?

Emmanuel

Hi Enock, Emmanuel, Kiringai, please make use of RUFORUM 2019 to meet and discuss ideas to expand AgriGIS Capacity development using OSGeoLive in universities across Africa. Please also inform about the OSGeoLive resources to all participants of the conference so they can also make use of this. Thanks.

Best wishes,

Suchith

Re: OSGeo Live Presentation slides and speaker notes needed for RUFORUM

Enock Seth Nyamador-2
My pleasure!

Le dim. 1 déc. 2019 à 12:40, Okalany, Emmanuel <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Dear Enoch,

Are you replacing Dr. Kamau?

Emmanuel