OSGeo - Irish Local Chapter Symposium - 26th May 2017

OSGeo - Irish Local Chapter Symposium - 26th May 2017

daniel mcinerney-2
Hi All,

Just a quick reminder that the first Symposium of the Irish Local
Chapter of OSGeo will be held in Limerick on the 26th of May 2016. The
symposium will consist of a morning session of short talks, a Keynote
presentation from Dr. Markus Neteler (Mundialis, GRASS-GIS, OSGeo) and
the afternoon will be dedicated to a series of hands-on workshops. More
details regarding the event are on the wiki [1] and the registration
page is available here [2].

Please spread the word and hopefully see you in Limerick later this month.

Regards,

Daniel.

[1]: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Ireland/Symposium2017

[2]:
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/osgeo-ireland-1st-national-symposium-2017-tickets-33421397299

Re: OSGeo - Irish Local Chapter Symposium - 26th May 2017

jmckenna
Administrator
Wishing everyone a great first event tomorrow, in Limerick.  Thank you
for sharing the passion!

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
President Emeritus, OSGeo Foundation

On 2017-05-05 5:19 AM, Daniel McInerney wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Just a quick reminder that the first Symposium of the Irish Local
> Chapter of OSGeo will be held in Limerick on the 26th of May 2016. The
> symposium will consist of a morning session of short talks, a Keynote
> presentation from Dr. Markus Neteler (Mundialis, GRASS-GIS, OSGeo) and
> the afternoon will be dedicated to a series of hands-on workshops. More
> details regarding the event are on the wiki [1] and the registration
> page is available here [2].
>
> Please spread the word and hopefully see you in Limerick later this month.
>
> Regards,
>
> Daniel.
>

> [1]: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Ireland/Symposium2017
>
> [2]:
> https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/osgeo-ireland-1st-national-symposium-2017-tickets-33421397299

Re: OSGeo - Irish Local Chapter Symposium - 26th May 2017

Peter Mooney
Thank you Jeff,

Over 60 registered to take part! Far exceeding our initial expectations.

We'll let you know how it goes.

On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 1:16 PM, Jeff McKenna <[hidden email]> wrote:
Wishing everyone a great first event tomorrow, in Limerick.  Thank you for sharing the passion!

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
President Emeritus, OSGeo Foundation
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Jeff_McKenna

Re: OSGeo - Irish Local Chapter Symposium - 26th May 2017

jmckenna
Administrator
wow, awesome!  I was reviewing the speaker lineup and topics, looks
fantastic!!

-jeff

On 2017-05-25 9:42 AM, Peter Mooney wrote:

> Thank you Jeff,
>
> Over 60 registered to take part! Far exceeding our initial expectations.
>
> We'll let you know how it goes.
>
> On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 1:16 PM, Jeff McKenna
> wrote:
>
>     Wishing everyone a great first event tomorrow, in Limerick.  Thank
>     you for sharing the passion!
>
>     -jeff
>

>     --
>     Jeff McKenna
>     President Emeritus, OSGeo Foundation
>     http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Jeff_McKenna
>     <http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Jeff_McKenna>
>

>     On 2017-05-05 5:19 AM, Daniel McInerney wrote:
>
>         Hi All,
>
>         Just a quick reminder that the first Symposium of the Irish Local
>         Chapter of OSGeo will be held in Limerick on the 26th of May
>         2016. The
>         symposium will consist of a morning session of short talks, a
>         Keynote
>         presentation from Dr. Markus Neteler (Mundialis, GRASS-GIS,
>         OSGeo) and
>         the afternoon will be dedicated to a series of hands-on
>         workshops. More
>         details regarding the event are on the wiki [1] and the registration
>         page is available here [2].
>
>         Please spread the word and hopefully see you in Limerick later
>         this month.
>
>         Regards,
>
>         Daniel.
>

>         [1]: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Ireland/Symposium2017
>         <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Ireland/Symposium2017>
>
>         [2]:
>         https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/osgeo-ireland-1st-national-symposium-2017-tickets-33421397299
>         <https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/osgeo-ireland-1st-national-symposium-2017-tickets-33421397299>

Re: OSGeo - Irish Local Chapter Symposium - 26th May 2017

Peter Mooney
Hello everyone,

The 1st Irish OSGeo Local Chapter Symposium in Limerick yesterday was a fantastic success.

We had 65 registrations, 1 keynote, 12 lightning talks, 3 workshops, and lots and lots of OSGeo discussion, education and networking.

Myself and the organising committee are proud to have been able to facilitate the event.

We'll have a report on the wiki page later in the week - along with presentation slides.

In the meantime - I've put a selection of photographs from the proceedings of the day on Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/peterm7/albums/72157684341327225

The unanimous outcome of yesterday - let's do this again!

On 2017-05-25 9:42 AM, Peter Mooney wrote:
Thank you Jeff,

Over 60 registered to take part! Far exceeding our initial expectations.

We'll let you know how it goes.

On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 1:16 PM, Jeff McKenna
<[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>

wrote:

    Wishing everyone a great first event tomorrow, in Limerick.  Thank
    you for sharing the passion!

    -jeff

    --
    Jeff McKenna
    President Emeritus, OSGeo Foundation
    http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Jeff_McKenna
    <http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Jeff_McKenna>

Re: OSGeo - Irish Local Chapter Symposium - 26th May 2017

jmckenna
Administrator
Wow Peter, thanks for sharing this news.  A great turnout!  The seed is
planted!  And what a wonderful gift to Markus, and signed, very kind of
you all.

I'll share this great news far and wide, as a sign of the passion within
OSGeo :)

Thank you all so much.

-jeff

On 2017-05-27 5:11 PM, Peter Mooney wrote:

> [...]
>         Limerick later
>                  this month.
>
>                  Regards,
>
>                  Daniel.
>

>                  [1]: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Ireland/Symposium2017
>         <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Ireland/Symposium2017>
>                  <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Ireland/Symposium2017
>         <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Ireland/Symposium2017>>
>
>                  [2]:
>         https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/osgeo-ireland-1st-national-symposium-2017-tickets-33421397299
>         <https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/osgeo-ireland-1st-national-symposium-2017-tickets-33421397299>
>
>         <https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/osgeo-ireland-1st-national-symposium-2017-tickets-33421397299
>         <https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/osgeo-ireland-1st-national-symposium-2017-tickets-33421397299>>

Re: OSGeo - Irish Local Chapter Symposium - 26th May 2017

Seth G

A great event last Friday - many thanks to all who participated.

Special thanks to Daniel for all the organisation with the hotel, Peter for glueing the whole day together, and Markus for the keynote and excellent workshop.

Just missing the photo of Markus with a pint of Guinness afterwards!

Regards,

Seth