OSGeo Ireland 2020 Event Options

Seth GIRVIN-2

Hi all,

I spoke with Daniel last week and came up with the following options for a 2020 event.

  1. A one-day symposium as per previous years. Maynooth university has been mentioned as a possible location, otherwise a hotel. At this stage June would likely be the earliest date to aim for to give time to organise/arrange speakers.
  2. A one-day weekend event, possibly in conjunction with OSM Ireland – see https://www.openstreetmap.ie/events-for-2020/ - “we are looking at Limerick and possibly somewhere in the midlands”. A weekend event would be more low-key and informal.
  3. A one-day weekend event in Dublin, in a location such as Dogpatch Labs - https://dogpatchlabs.com/
  4. Have an OSGeo presence at other events such as:
    1. PyCon Limerick – see https://www.meetup.com/PyDataDublin/events/264267433/ on Saturday 29th February 2020
    2. Irish Earth Observation Symposium – as mentioned by Guy in the previous email thread

I can put together a survey, although it may be as east to canvas and collate opinions directly on the list.

Regards,

Seth

Seth GIRVIN

System Services

Compass Informatics – Your Information & Location Technologies Partner

Compass Informatics
Block 8, Blackrock Business Park
Carysfort Avenue, Blackrock
Co. Dublin, Ireland

Tel: +353-1-2104580
Email:
[hidden email]

Dublin ● Cape Town ● London

http://www.compass.ie/contact/
http://www.compassinformatics.com/contact/

compass_logo2

Re: OSGeo Ireland 2020 Event Options

daniel mcinerney-2

Hi List,

Just following up on Seth's email below to see if anyone has some suggestions regarding potential events this year.  I support all options, but my current preference would be for either option 2 or 3.

Best regards,

Daniel.

On 22/12/2019 19:40, Seth GIRVIN wrote:

[...]

Guy Serbin
Hi Everyone,

If choosing a one-day weekend event, would it be possible to arrange it on a Sunday? Some of us cannot attend on Saturdays due to religious reasons.

Best regards,
Guy