OSGeo Individual OGC Membership Slot: Committee

OSGeo Individual OGC Membership Slot: Committee

Arnulf Christl-3
Folks,

the OGC Individual Members Slots as per our MoU have so far been given
to individuals on a first come first serve basis. We have clear rules on
what obligations come with using the slot as noted down here:

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OGC_Membership#OSGeo_Member_Access_to_OGC_Membership

So far we have not been "enforcing" or even regularly controlling
whether people adhere to these very low requirements. In the five years
that I have managed this process I have only received 6 such reports. As
long as there were free slots this was not really an issue. It appears
that we are now "full" and should be more strict with the process.

Having said this I would like to offer my resignation from the committee
because I very apparently do not manage to process requests in a timely
manner. I am happy to stick around as long as required and am also happy
to help design a more robust process than the current one (which
basically consists of Bruce and me gravely nodding and then proceed).

CC'ing the Board which may also want to recheck our little committee
because it may not live up to OSGeo's formal processes anymore as these
have evolved over the past years.

Thanks,
Arnulf

[1] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/standards/2017-September/001056.html

--
Spatially enabling your business
http://metaspatial.net

Re: [Board] OSGeo Individual OGC Membership Slot: Committee

Arnulf Christl

Oh no, no worries at all! I am sorry if it looks like this is a reaction to your request. Nothing further off. I am honored to be able to help give you the opportunity to use the OGS slot for the great work you have been doing for the community, really very much so!

At the same time I must admit at having neglected my duties for OSGeo and therefore have to pull myself out of some of the responsibilities in the hope that someone with more capacity can and will and wants to take over. That's really all.

And I'll also stick around on the list and stay connected and may eventually even come back in case my projects are more standards related again but right now I am just too distracted by other things to manage this place here with the level of attention it deserves.

Enjoy,

Arnulf

Am 2017-10-06 um 10:39 schrieb Even Rouault:

Arnulf,

> Having said this I would like to offer my resignation from the committee

> because I very apparently do not manage to process requests in a timely

> manner.

Oh! It looks like I may have been too insisting, or in a awkward way. I absolutely did not want this to happen. I know what it is to be burried under hundreds of unread emails, or being busy with many things, and I'm aware that's a position you have as a volunteer. My request is is not life critical. I just meant it as a friendly nudge.

I hope you may reconsider your decision.

Best regards,

Even

http://www.spatialys.com