OSGeo Incubation update

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

OSGeo Incubation update

Tom Kralidis
Hi all: as per today's meeting, we are getting closer to complete
our requirements for submitting to OSGeo Incubation committee for
PyWPS project graduation.

Our last major item remains the project graduation checklist [1]. I've
done another review of the document today and have marked the areas
that need PSC attention and input with 'TODO/TBD'.  Can folks take a look
these areas and provide additions, or whether we need more discussion around
them?  Note that we are tracking this item at [2] for any deeper discussion.

Thanks

..Tom

[1] https://github.com/geopython/pywps/wiki/ProjectGraduationChecklist
[2] https://github.com/geopython/pywps/issues/129
_______________________________________________
pywps-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/pywps-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OSGeo Incubation update

Jachym Cepicky
Hi Tom,

short update: Me and Luis, we did some sprinting during FOSS4G-Europe. 

Currently I believe, only the "development documentation" is missing


Jachym

čt 8. 6. 2017 v 18:26 odesílatel Tom Kralidis <[hidden email]> napsal:
Hi all: as per today's meeting, we are getting closer to complete
our requirements for submitting to OSGeo Incubation committee for
PyWPS project graduation.

Our last major item remains the project graduation checklist [1]. I've
done another review of the document today and have marked the areas
that need PSC attention and input with 'TODO/TBD'.  Can folks take a look
these areas and provide additions, or whether we need more discussion around
them?  Note that we are tracking this item at [2] for any deeper discussion.

Thanks

..Tom

[1] https://github.com/geopython/pywps/wiki/ProjectGraduationChecklist
[2] https://github.com/geopython/pywps/issues/129
_______________________________________________
pywps-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/pywps-dev

_______________________________________________
pywps-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/pywps-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OSGeo Incubation update

Tom Kralidis

Jachym: thanks for the info, and great to see this work!

For https://github.com/geopython/pywps/issues/281, I've provided comments
and updated the project graduation page to include the API documentation.

I think at this point if we can fix our OSGeo live installation we are
good to go for applying for graduation.  Let's discuss at our next PSC?

..Tom

On Mon, 24 Jul 2017, Jachym Cepicky wrote:

> Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 06:38:40 +0000
> From: Jachym Cepicky <[hidden email]>
> To: Tom Kralidis <[hidden email]>, [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Pywps-dev] OSGeo Incubation update
>
> Hi Tom,
>
> short update: Me and Luis, we did some sprinting during FOSS4G-Europe.
>
> Currently I believe, only the "development documentation" is missing
>
> https://github.com/geopython/pywps/issues/281
>
> Jachym
>
> čt 8. 6. 2017 v 18:26 odesílatel Tom Kralidis <[hidden email]>
> napsal:
>
>> Hi all: as per today's meeting, we are getting closer to complete
>> our requirements for submitting to OSGeo Incubation committee for
>> PyWPS project graduation.
>>
>> Our last major item remains the project graduation checklist [1]. I've
>> done another review of the document today and have marked the areas
>> that need PSC attention and input with 'TODO/TBD'.  Can folks take a look
>> these areas and provide additions, or whether we need more discussion
>> around
>> them?  Note that we are tracking this item at [2] for any deeper
>> discussion.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> ..Tom
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/geopython/pywps/wiki/ProjectGraduationChecklist
>> [2] https://github.com/geopython/pywps/issues/129
>> _______________________________________________
>> pywps-dev mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/pywps-dev
>
_______________________________________________
pywps-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/pywps-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OSGeo Incubation update

Luí­s Moreira de Sousa
À propos: who is our liaison with OSGeo-Live? Tom?

During the code sprint I spoke with Astrid and Agelos, and it seems there is nothing much substantial to do to re-integrate PyWPS.

Btw, I worked with PyWPS 4.0 on OSGeo-Live 10.5 much of Tuesday, even fixed a small bug. It is now functioning flawlessly, with the main library pulled from PyPI and the flask app pulled from GitHub.

Cheers.

--
Luís Moreira de Sousa
Im Grund 6
CH-8600 Dübendorf
Switzerland

Phone: +41 (0)79 812 62 65


-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Pywps-dev] OSGeo Incubation update
Local Time: July 24, 2017 1:00 PM
UTC Time: July 24, 2017 11:00 AM
To: Jachym Cepicky <[hidden email]>


Jachym: thanks for the info, and great to see this work!

For https://github.com/geopython/pywps/issues/281, I"ve provided comments
and updated the project graduation page to include the API documentation.

I think at this point if we can fix our OSGeo live installation we are
good to go for applying for graduation. Let"s discuss at our next PSC?

..Tom

On Mon, 24 Jul 2017, Jachym Cepicky wrote:

> Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 06:38:40 +0000
> From: Jachym Cepicky <[hidden email]>
> To: Tom Kralidis <[hidden email]>, [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Pywps-dev] OSGeo Incubation update
>
> Hi Tom,
>
> short update: Me and Luis, we did some sprinting during FOSS4G-Europe.
>
> Currently I believe, only the "development documentation" is missing
>
> https://github.com/geopython/pywps/issues/281
>
> Jachym
>
> čt 8. 6. 2017 v 18:26 odesílatel Tom Kralidis <[hidden email]>
> napsal:
>
>> Hi all: as per today"s meeting, we are getting closer to complete
>> our requirements for submitting to OSGeo Incubation committee for
>> PyWPS project graduation.
>>
>> Our last major item remains the project graduation checklist [1]. I"ve
>> done another review of the document today and have marked the areas
>> that need PSC attention and input with "TODO/TBD". Can folks take a look
>> these areas and provide additions, or whether we need more discussion
>> around
>> them? Note that we are tracking this item at [2] for any deeper
>> discussion.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> ..Tom
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/geopython/pywps/wiki/ProjectGraduationChecklist
>> [2] https://github.com/geopython/pywps/issues/129
>> _______________________________________________
>> pywps-dev mailing list
>> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/pywps-dev
>
_______________________________________________
pywps-dev mailing list
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/pywps-dev


_______________________________________________
pywps-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/pywps-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OSGeo Incubation update

Tom Kralidis

Hi Luís: thanks for the info. Yes/sure.  I worked on PyWPS / OSGeo-Live
integration with PyWPS 3.

OSGeo-Live needs an install script for a given package.  You can see how we did
it with PyWPS 3 in [1].  Having said this, I've updated the associated issue
issue in [2] requesting clarification from Angelos.  This will help us move
forward on PyWPS 4 inclusion.

Let's see Angelos' recommendations and carve out a plan.

..Tom

[1] https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive/blob/10.5.0/bin/install_pywps.sh
[2] https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1886#comment:16


On Mon, 24 Jul 2017, Luí­s Moreira de Sousa wrote:

> Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 11:37:46 -0400
> From: Luí­s Moreira de Sousa <[hidden email]>
> To: Tom Kralidis <[hidden email]>
> Cc: Jachym Cepicky <[hidden email]>,
>     "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [Pywps-dev] OSGeo Incubation update
>
> À propos: who is our liaison with OSGeo-Live? Tom?
> During the code sprint I spoke with Astrid and Agelos, and it seems there is nothing much substantial to do to re-integrate PyWPS.
> Btw, I worked with PyWPS 4.0 on OSGeo-Live 10.5 much of Tuesday, even fixed a small bug. It is now functioning flawlessly, with the main library pulled from PyPI and the flask app pulled from GitHub.
> Cheers.
>
> --
> Luís Moreira de Sousa
> Im Grund 6
> CH-8600 Dübendorf
> Switzerland
> Phone: +41 (0)79 812 62 65
> Email: [hidden email]
> URL: https://sites.google.com/site/luismoreiradesousa
>
>> -------- Original Message --------
>> Subject: Re: [Pywps-dev] OSGeo Incubation update
>> Local Time: July 24, 2017 1:00 PM
>> UTC Time: July 24, 2017 11:00 AM
>> From: [hidden email]
>> To: Jachym Cepicky <[hidden email]>
>> [hidden email]
>> Jachym: thanks for the info, and great to see this work!
>> For https://github.com/geopython/pywps/issues/281, I"ve provided comments
>> and updated the project graduation page to include the API documentation.
>> I think at this point if we can fix our OSGeo live installation we are
>> good to go for applying for graduation. Let"s discuss at our next PSC?
>> ..Tom
>> On Mon, 24 Jul 2017, Jachym Cepicky wrote:
>>> Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 06:38:40 +0000
>>> From: Jachym Cepicky <[hidden email]>
>>> To: Tom Kralidis <[hidden email]>, [hidden email]
>>> Subject: Re: [Pywps-dev] OSGeo Incubation update
>>>
>>> Hi Tom,
>>>
>>> short update: Me and Luis, we did some sprinting during FOSS4G-Europe.
>>>
>>> Currently I believe, only the "development documentation" is missing
>>>
>>> https://github.com/geopython/pywps/issues/281
>>>
>>> Jachym
>>>
>>> čt 8. 6. 2017 v 18:26 odesílatel Tom Kralidis <[hidden email]>
>>> napsal:
>>>
>>>> Hi all: as per today"s meeting, we are getting closer to complete
>>>> our requirements for submitting to OSGeo Incubation committee for
>>>> PyWPS project graduation.
>>>>
>>>> Our last major item remains the project graduation checklist [1]. I"ve
>>>> done another review of the document today and have marked the areas
>>>> that need PSC attention and input with "TODO/TBD". Can folks take a look
>>>> these areas and provide additions, or whether we need more discussion
>>>> around
>>>> them? Note that we are tracking this item at [2] for any deeper
>>>> discussion.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks
>>>>
>>>> ..Tom
>>>>
>>>> [1] https://github.com/geopython/pywps/wiki/ProjectGraduationChecklist
>>>> [2] https://github.com/geopython/pywps/issues/129
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> pywps-dev mailing list
>>>> [hidden email]
>>>> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/pywps-dev
>>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> pywps-dev mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/pywps-dev
_______________________________________________
pywps-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/pywps-dev