OSGeo Budget 2019 for projects.

Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

OSGeo Budget 2019 for projects.

Angelos Tzotsos
Dear OSGeo project members,

Over the previous years, OSGeo has been proud to support a growing
number of project events, such as code sprints, developer meetings, and
user conferences.

OSGeo is reaching out to all committees, including project steering
committees, to help plan our budget for 2019.

This year, the board is discussing about assigning a starting budget of
2000$ to all graduated projects who have reported to the board the last
12 months (see https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/11).

For projects with more of a plan (to pursue a specific goal) projects
are welcome to send a more detailed request for approval (e.g.
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GvSIG_Budget_2019)

A good idea is to focus on OSGeo participation, for example attending
the AGM or OSGeo code sprint. Also keep in mind OSGeo goals as an
organization, (e.g. interoperability goal: CITE compliance or
participation developing new standards)

We would like to ask you to help us with budget proposals to assist your
project. This will help us set aside a realistic amount of funding.

Please add your project info to the budget draft at:

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2019

ideally by January 14 ahead of our January board meeting.

When making a budget request please keep in mind the vision and goals of
our foundation, along with any obligations you wish to meet.

Thank you and best wishes,

On behalf of OSGeo Board,

Angelos

--
Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

_______________________________________________
Projects mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/projects
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OSGeo Budget 2019 for projects.

jody.garnett
Do take a moment to look at the goals, there is a lot of ways for osgeo to help. More importantly as an OSGeo project you are the foundation so whatever each PSC says is needed we will do our best to support.
--
Jody Garnett


On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 at 10:36, Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear OSGeo project members,

Over the previous years, OSGeo has been proud to support a growing
number of project events, such as code sprints, developer meetings, and
user conferences.

OSGeo is reaching out to all committees, including project steering
committees, to help plan our budget for 2019.

This year, the board is discussing about assigning a starting budget of
2000$ to all graduated projects who have reported to the board the last
12 months (see https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/11).

For projects with more of a plan (to pursue a specific goal) projects
are welcome to send a more detailed request for approval (e.g.
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GvSIG_Budget_2019)

A good idea is to focus on OSGeo participation, for example attending
the AGM or OSGeo code sprint. Also keep in mind OSGeo goals as an
organization, (e.g. interoperability goal: CITE compliance or
participation developing new standards)

We would like to ask you to help us with budget proposals to assist your
project. This will help us set aside a realistic amount of funding.

Please add your project info to the budget draft at:

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2019

ideally by January 14 ahead of our January board meeting.

When making a budget request please keep in mind the vision and goals of
our foundation, along with any obligations you wish to meet.

Thank you and best wishes,

On behalf of OSGeo Board,

Angelos

--
Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

_______________________________________________
Projects mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/projects

_______________________________________________
Projects mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/projects
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OSGeo Budget 2019 for projects.

Markus Neteler
All,

we are working on the GRASS GIS 2019 budget [1] and the planned budget
request to OSGeo (forthcoming this Sunday).

Best
Markus

[1] https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_GIS_Budget_2019

On Mon, Jan 7, 2019 at 10:06 PM Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Do take a moment to look at the goals, there is a lot of ways for osgeo to help. More importantly as an OSGeo project you are the foundation so whatever each PSC says is needed we will do our best to support.
> --
> Jody Garnett
>
>
> On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 at 10:36, Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Dear OSGeo project members,
>>
>> Over the previous years, OSGeo has been proud to support a growing
>> number of project events, such as code sprints, developer meetings, and
>> user conferences.
>>
>> OSGeo is reaching out to all committees, including project steering
>> committees, to help plan our budget for 2019.
>>
>> This year, the board is discussing about assigning a starting budget of
>> 2000$ to all graduated projects who have reported to the board the last
>> 12 months (see https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/11).
>>
>> For projects with more of a plan (to pursue a specific goal) projects
>> are welcome to send a more detailed request for approval (e.g.
>> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GvSIG_Budget_2019)
>>
>> A good idea is to focus on OSGeo participation, for example attending
>> the AGM or OSGeo code sprint. Also keep in mind OSGeo goals as an
>> organization, (e.g. interoperability goal: CITE compliance or
>> participation developing new standards)
>>
>> We would like to ask you to help us with budget proposals to assist your
>> project. This will help us set aside a realistic amount of funding.
>>
>> Please add your project info to the budget draft at:
>>
>> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2019
>>
>> ideally by January 14 ahead of our January board meeting.
>>
>> When making a budget request please keep in mind the vision and goals of
>> our foundation, along with any obligations you wish to meet.
>>
>> Thank you and best wishes,
>>
>> On behalf of OSGeo Board,
>>
>> Angelos
>>
>> --
>> Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
>> Charter Member
>> Open Source Geospatial Foundation
>> http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Projects mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/projects
>
> _______________________________________________
> Projects mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/projects



--
Markus Neteler, PhD
https://www.mundialis.de - free data with free software
https://grass.osgeo.org
https://courses.neteler.org/blog
_______________________________________________
Projects mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/projects
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OSGeo Budget 2019 for projects.

tfriebe
In reply to this post by Angelos Tzotsos
Dear all,

the OSGeo project deegree would like to apply for funding too. Our first
draft of the project goals is a available in our github wiki. [1]

Thanks a lot and kind regards,

Torsten

[1] https://github.com/deegree/deegree3/wiki/deegree-budget-2019

Am 07.01.19 um 19:35 schrieb Angelos Tzotsos:

> Dear OSGeo project members,
>
> Over the previous years, OSGeo has been proud to support a growing
> number of project events, such as code sprints, developer meetings,
> and user conferences.
>
> OSGeo is reaching out to all committees, including project steering
> committees, to help plan our budget for 2019.
>
> This year, the board is discussing about assigning a starting budget
> of 2000$ to all graduated projects who have reported to the board the
> last 12 months (see https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/11).
>
> For projects with more of a plan (to pursue a specific goal) projects
> are welcome to send a more detailed request for approval (e.g.
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GvSIG_Budget_2019)
>
> A good idea is to focus on OSGeo participation, for example attending
> the AGM or OSGeo code sprint. Also keep in mind OSGeo goals as an
> organization, (e.g. interoperability goal: CITE compliance or
> participation developing new standards)
>
> We would like to ask you to help us with budget proposals to assist
> your project. This will help us set aside a realistic amount of funding.
>
> Please add your project info to the budget draft at:
>
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2019
>
> ideally by January 14 ahead of our January board meeting.
>
> When making a budget request please keep in mind the vision and goals
> of our foundation, along with any obligations you wish to meet.
>
> Thank you and best wishes,
>
> On behalf of OSGeo Board,
>
> Angelos
>
--
l a t / l o n  GmbH
Aennchenstrasse 19                    53177 Bonn, Germany
phone ++49 +228 9477 9877             fax ++49 +228 9477 0154
http://www.lat-lon.de                 http://www.deegree.org

lat/lon gesellschaft für raumbezogene informationssysteme mbH
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 13042
Geschäftsführer: Jens Fitzke und Torsten Friebe



_______________________________________________
Projects mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/projects

signature.asc (547 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OSGeo Budget 2019 for projects.

Jachym Cepicky
In reply to this post by Angelos Tzotsos
Hi Angelos,

I'm very sorry for late submission - I hope, we can still get in

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/PyWPS_budget_2019

Thank you

Jachym

po 7. 1. 2019 v 19:36 odesílatel Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]> napsal:

>
> Dear OSGeo project members,
>
> Over the previous years, OSGeo has been proud to support a growing
> number of project events, such as code sprints, developer meetings, and
> user conferences.
>
> OSGeo is reaching out to all committees, including project steering
> committees, to help plan our budget for 2019.
>
> This year, the board is discussing about assigning a starting budget of
> 2000$ to all graduated projects who have reported to the board the last
> 12 months (see https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/11).
>
> For projects with more of a plan (to pursue a specific goal) projects
> are welcome to send a more detailed request for approval (e.g.
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GvSIG_Budget_2019)
>
> A good idea is to focus on OSGeo participation, for example attending
> the AGM or OSGeo code sprint. Also keep in mind OSGeo goals as an
> organization, (e.g. interoperability goal: CITE compliance or
> participation developing new standards)
>
> We would like to ask you to help us with budget proposals to assist your
> project. This will help us set aside a realistic amount of funding.
>
> Please add your project info to the budget draft at:
>
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2019
>
> ideally by January 14 ahead of our January board meeting.
>
> When making a budget request please keep in mind the vision and goals of
> our foundation, along with any obligations you wish to meet.
>
> Thank you and best wishes,
>
> On behalf of OSGeo Board,
>
> Angelos
>
> --
> Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
> Charter Member
> Open Source Geospatial Foundation
> http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos
>
> _______________________________________________
> Projects mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/projects



--
Jachym Cepicky
e-mail: jachym.cepicky gmail com
URL: http://les-ejk.cz
GPG: http://les-ejk.cz/pgp/JachymCepicky.pgp
_______________________________________________
Projects mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/projects