OSGeo Annual General Meeting - projects please join and report (August 30 2018)

OSGeo Annual General Meeting - projects please join and report (August 30 2018)

Jachym Cepicky-4
Dear OSGeo projects & project officers,

the OSGeo Annual General Meeting (AGM) is scheduled for Thursday morning
August 30 at 8:00-9:00 in Dar Es Salaam (Tansania).

As Project/Committee officer we ask that you attend, or send a delegate
from your community. The FOSS4G organizers have given us one hour for
the meeting, leaving us each with around 2 mins!

This update is about your project and community, rather than about your
software. We are interested in how your community is doing, the
opportunities and challenges ahead, and how OSGeo can help.

The shared slide deck is available here (request edit access if
required):

*
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1imiG7x09ry7lGvmS15FCVq2Z7yaICY00fcpXBK27TXY/edit?usp=sharing

These slides replace the "Annual General Report"
(https://github.com/geotools/geotools/wiki/GeoTools-Annual-Report-2017)
used previously, you may wish to borrow that format for inspiration. You
still can make an annual report page with extended information if you
like and link to it.

If you are unable to attend we ask that you submit an annual general
report to the board email list and attend an IRC board meeting by
November 2018.

We are coordinating activities on the OSGeo Wiki
(https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Annual_General_Meeting_2018). Please add
your project and name to the wiki if you can attend.

Best regards

Astrid Emde (OSGeo Secretary)