OSGEO4W status and future

pcav
To the Board of Directors of OSGeo
---
Dears,
I'm writing you on behalf of the QGIS.ORG Steering Committee. As you
know, OSGEO4W is a crucial piece of infrastructure, allowing Windows
users to easily install and upgrade software under OSGeo umbrella.
Its maintenance has been led since many years by QGIS developers,
especially Juergen Fischer, mostly on a volunteer basis. QGIS.ORG has
invested some resources on this. The recent major upgrades of basic
libraries (Proj and Gdal) required a considerable packaging work. and
revealed some limitation of the current infrastructure.
We believe OSGEO4W would benefit from a specific investment, best if
long term, allowing to overcome the limitations and create an even
better product overall. We are sure this features highly in the
priorities of OSGeo, and we'll be happy to discuss jointly an improved
roadmap, investment plan, and coordination between projects.
All best wishes.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
QGIS.ORG Chair:

Re: OSGEO4W status and future

Tim Sutton-6
Thanks Paolo!

On 25 Nov 2019, at 11:28, Paolo Cavallini <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Tim Sutton

Co-founder: Kartoza
Ex Project chair: QGIS.org

Desktop GIS programming services
Geospatial web development
GIS Training
Consulting Services

Skype: timlinux
IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

I'd love to connect. Here's my calendar link to make finding time easy.

Re: OSGEO4W status and future

pcav
Hi Tom,
thanks for your reply. Sure, I'll be happy to join. Which channel?
Cheers.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
QGIS.ORG Chair: