OL4 long urls

Chris Bud
Does Ol4 have a getmap post feature? Old example here does but that was some time and versions ago. I couldn't find anything mention it recently. The issue I hit is a header length too long, which I could fix with Apache but I'd rather use a post request if ol4 supports it...

Thanks,
Chris

Re: OL4 long urls

ThomasG
Don't ask for support here, please. Nowadays, it's not the "right" place.
If you go to the bottom of http://openlayers.org, you will see Ask a question

Regards

Thomas Gratier

Does Ol4 have a getmap post feature? Old example here does but that was some time and versions ago. I couldn't find anything mention it recently. The issue I hit is a header length too long, which I could fix with Apache but I'd rather use a post request if ol4 supports it...

Thanks,
Chris

Re: OL4 long urls

blammo
Huh?

What’s wrong with asking questions here about supported functions on this list?  What is the list for otherwise?

bobb

On Nov 22, 2017, at 9:17 PM, Thomas Gratier <[hidden email]> wrote:

Don't ask for support here, please. Nowadays, it's not the "right" place.
If you go to the bottom of http://openlayers.org, you will see Ask a question

Regards

Thomas Gratier

Does Ol4 have a getmap post feature? Old example here does but that was some time and versions ago. I couldn't find anything mention it recently. The issue I hit is a header length too long, which I could fix with Apache but I'd rather use a post request if ol4 supports it...

Thanks,
Chris

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
—Aristotle

Re: OL4 long urls

Bart van den Eijnden-5

Bobb,

this used to be the OpenLayers 2 users list, and basically sitll is.

For OpenLayers 3 and above we only have a google group for development related questions, user questions are on stackoverflow.

Best regards,

Bart

On 27-11-17 16:28, Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) wrote:
[...]

Bart van den Eijnden
JavaScript developer | Boundless

NEW THREAD - Re: OL4 vs OL2 mail lists.

blammo
All,

Hmm, that seems confusing . . . especially since this list is entitled “openlayers-users”.  It’s also the only “user” list listed in the OSGeo mailman list.  Does there need to be an addition to the page for offsite listing maybe?

I would suggest just forwarding and combining this list with the OL3(&4) list.

bobb

On Nov 27, 2017, at 9:47 AM, Bart van den Eijnden <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

- Napoleon Bonaparte