OGR ODBC problem

jochen-3
Hello list,
this is my first mail to this list. So please ignore it if it has more noise
than signal.
I use OGR with mapserver to query a MS sql server. This works well and
helped me
a lot. THANKS. A while ago I profiled the connection and it gave some table
column
fetching noise but I ignored this. Because the performance was ok. Today I
saw this again and I remembered the query of geometry_columns. Looking in
the code (I love open source) adding this table from postgis to mssql and -
same problem. Perhaps the column geometry_type should be called type.
I googled the archived list searched the buglist and found only same column
swop
in another source file. If this is an interesting patch for you, used it on
the
other side excuse me.

Best regards, thanks for bringing up this stuff,
Jochen

ogrodbcdatasource.cpp.patch (756 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: OGR ODBC problem

Frank Warmerdam

> Hello list,
> this is my first mail to this list. So please ignore it if it has more noise
> than signal.
> I use OGR with mapserver to query a MS sql server. This works well and
> helped me
> a lot. THANKS. A while ago I profiled the connection and it gave some table
> column
> fetching noise but I ignored this. Because the performance was ok. Today I
> saw this again and I remembered the query of geometry_columns. Looking in
> the code (I love open source) adding this table from postgis to mssql and -
> same problem. Perhaps the column geometry_type should be called type.
> I googled the archived list searched the buglist and found only same column
> swop
> in another source file. If this is an interesting patch for you, used it on
> the
> other side excuse me.

Jochen,

I am hesittant to apply it because I am not sure which layout is "right"
according to the OGC spec, and because it will break things for folks
who have working setups.  But I have at least added a note in the
drv_odbc.html file describing the columns needed in the
geometry_columns table.