OGC Standards

theunsgis
HI
Is there a list of all the OGC standards, that GeoTools comply with?

Thanks
Theuns Heydenrych

Re: OGC Standards

aaime
theunsgis ha scritto:
> HI
> Is there a list of all the OGC standards, that GeoTools comply with?

I don't believe so, but we can deal with:
- GML 2 and 3 (simple feature profile)
- SLD 1.0
- WKT encoding of geometries and CRS
- WKB encoding of geometries
- WFS 1.0 and WFS 1.1 client
- WMS 1.1 client

Others may supply more.
A word of caution thought, none of the above has an OGC compliance
suite that one can pass, so I'm not sure it's correct to talk about
compliance.
For example, for stuff that do have an official compliance test,
for example WMS/WFS/WCS servers, you say you are "compliant" if you
pass the tests, otherwise you are just "implementing"

Cheers
Andrea

--
Andrea Aime
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org

Re: OGC Standards

theunsgis
Thanks Andrea

Re: OGC Standards

jody.garnett
I have a small list here as part of the user guide:
- http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTDOC/Use+of+Standards

Andrea Aime wrote:

> theunsgis ha scritto:
>
>> HI
>> Is there a list of all the OGC standards, that GeoTools comply with?
>>

> I don't believe so, but we can deal with:
> - GML 2 and 3 (simple feature profile)
> - SLD 1.0
> - WKT encoding of geometries and CRS
> - WKB encoding of geometries
> - WFS 1.0 and WFS 1.1 client
> - WMS 1.1 client
>
> Others may supply more.
> A word of caution thought, none of the above has an OGC compliance
> suite that one can pass, so I'm not sure it's correct to talk about
> compliance.
> For example, for stuff that do have an official compliance test,
> for example WMS/WFS/WCS servers, you say you are "compliant" if you
> pass the tests, otherwise you are just "implementing"
>
> Cheers
> Andrea

Re: OGC Standards

jody.garnett
Thanks Andrea; I have updated the page here:
- http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTDOC/Use+of+Standards

Very few corrections to your list (WFS-T 1.0, WFS 1.1) and the WMS code
supports a range of versions (it does version negotiation internally).
Jody