OGC Personal Memberships

Even Rouault-2

Arnulf/Bruce,

If I trust https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OGC_Membership there would one free slot of OSGeo's OGC Personal Membership. I'd like to benefit from it to take part to the works of the GeoTIFF SWG if that's possible.

Thanks,

Even

http://www.spatialys.com

Re: OGC Personal Memberships

Bruce Bannerman-3
Hi Even,

This is OK by me.

It is good to see that these OGC Memberships are becoming so popular within our community.

It shows the value that we place in them, and from my viewpoint is very encouraging to see.

I can see that this demand for the OGC memberships will only increase, so it may be prudent for us to set some ground rules for future memberships, to help us as a community to select the best people to represent us within the OGC community.

At a minimum, I think that we will need to start insisting on regular updates as per the current requirements.

Can anyone suggest an appropriate selection process?

Do we keep the current ad hoc process, membership slot by membership slot?  Or do we just call for expressions of interest once per year, with a process to fill positions that may become vacant during the year?

We do need something open, to cater for a situation where a member of the selection committee wishes to take up a membership as I recently did.

I’m interested in your thoughts.

Kind regards,

Bruce

On 21 Sep 2017, at 23:13, Even Rouault <[hidden email]> wrote:

Arnulf/Bruce,

If I trust https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OGC_Membership there would one free slot of OSGeo's OGC Personal Membership. I'd like to benefit from it to take part to the works of the GeoTIFF SWG if that's possible.

Thanks,

Even

Re: OGC Personal Memberships

jmckenna
Administrator
Hi Bruce,

I'm glad you asked about the process, because I was wondering if I could
join the selection committee (as I also think the OSGeo-OGC relationship
is very important).  I could join you and Arnulf, to help manage this,
and the process.  (to be honest I have no plans for changing anything,
just throwing my hat in to help).

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
President Emeritus, OSGeo Foundation

On 2017-09-22 8:57 PM, Bruce Bannerman wrote:

> Hi Even,
>
> This is OK by me.
>
> It is good to see that these OGC Memberships are becoming so popular
> within our community.
>
> It shows the value that we place in them, and from my viewpoint is very
> encouraging to see.
>
> I can see that this demand for the OGC memberships will only increase,
> so it may be prudent for us to set some ground rules for future
> memberships, to help us as a community to select the best people to
> represent us within the OGC community.
>
> At a minimum, I think that we will need to start insisting on regular
> updates as per the current requirements.
>
> Can anyone suggest an appropriate selection process?
>
> Do we keep the current ad hoc process, membership slot by membership
> slot?  Or do we just call for expressions of interest once per year,
> with a process to fill positions that may become vacant during the year?
>
> We do need something open, to cater for a situation where a member of
> the selection committee wishes to take up a membership as I recently did.
>
> I’m interested in your thoughts.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Bruce
>

>> On 21 Sep 2017, at 23:13, Even Rouault <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>> Arnulf/Bruce,
>>
>> If I trust https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OGC_Membership there would one
>> free slot of OSGeo's OGC Personal Membership. I'd like to benefit from
>> it to take part to the works of the GeoTIFF SWG if that's possible.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Even
>>
>> --
>> Spatialys - Geospatial professional services
>> http://www.spatialys.com <http://www.spatialys.com/>

Re: OGC Personal Memberships

Bruce Bannerman-3
Hi Jeff,

That sounds great and I know that your help would be welcomed.

Let’s see how this thread develops and take it from there, once we have a better understanding of how we are to work together as a group.

Kind regards,

Bruce

> On 23 Sep 2017, at 11:04 am, Jeff McKenna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Bruce,
>
> I'm glad you asked about the process, because I was wondering if I could join the selection committee (as I also think the OSGeo-OGC relationship is very important).  I could join you and Arnulf, to help manage this, and the process.  (to be honest I have no plans for changing anything, just throwing my hat in to help).
>
> -jeff
>

> --
> Jeff McKenna
> President Emeritus, OSGeo Foundation
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Jeff_McKenna
>

>> On 2017-09-22 8:57 PM, Bruce Bannerman wrote:
>> Hi Even,
>> This is OK by me.
>> It is good to see that these OGC Memberships are becoming so popular within our community.
>> It shows the value that we place in them, and from my viewpoint is very encouraging to see.
>> I can see that this demand for the OGC memberships will only increase, so it may be prudent for us to set some ground rules for future memberships, to help us as a community to select the best people to represent us within the OGC community.
>> At a minimum, I think that we will need to start insisting on regular updates as per the current requirements.
>> Can anyone suggest an appropriate selection process?
>> Do we keep the current ad hoc process, membership slot by membership slot?  Or do we just call for expressions of interest once per year, with a process to fill positions that may become vacant during the year?
>> We do need something open, to cater for a situation where a member of the selection committee wishes to take up a membership as I recently did.
>> I’m interested in your thoughts.
>> Kind regards,
>> Bruce
>>> On 21 Sep 2017, at 23:13, Even Rouault <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Arnulf/Bruce,
>>>
>>> If I trust https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OGC_Membership there would one free slot of OSGeo's OGC Personal Membership. I'd like to benefit from it to take part to the works of the GeoTIFF SWG if that's possible.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Even
>>>
>>> --
>>> Spatialys - Geospatial professional services
>>> http://www.spatialys.com <http://www.spatialys.com/>

Re: OGC Personal Memberships

Even Rouault-2

> This is OK by me.

Thanks. Should we wait for Arnulf's opinion too ?

Even

http://www.spatialys.com

Re: OGC Personal Memberships

Jachym Cepicky
Hi,

there was no selection committee sofar, or did I miss something?

po 25. 9. 2017 v 22:11 odesílatel Even Rouault <[hidden email]> napsal:

Hi,

> This is OK by me.

Thanks. Should we wait for Arnulf's opinion too ?

Even

http://www.spatialys.com

Re: OGC Personal Memberships

Even Rouault-2

Gentle ping to know what is required to make this moving forward.

Thanks,

Even

> Hi,

> > This is OK by me.

> Thanks. Should we wait for Arnulf's opinion too ?

> Even

http://www.spatialys.com

Re: OGC Personal Memberships

Bruce Bannerman-3
Hi Even,

Thanks for the prompt.

Please proceed, there have been no objections.

Barbara will send you some paperwork that you will need to complete prior to taking up your membership slot.

Kind regards,

Bruce

> On 5 Oct 2017, at 10:36 pm, Even Rouault <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Gentle ping to know what is required to make this moving forward.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Even
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > > This is OK by me.
> >
> > Thanks. Should we wait for Arnulf's opinion too ?
> >
> > Even

> http://www.spatialys.com

Re: OGC Personal Memberships

Arnulf Christl-3
Folks,

I have been away for some time, sorry for the delay. Jachym privately
pinged me yesterday night to wake up.

Thanks Bruce for going ahead. There are no objections from my side for
Even to use one of the Open OSGeo Slots.

Best regards,

Arnulf

Am 2017-10-06 um 06:13 schrieb Bruce Bannerman:

> Hi Even,
>
> Thanks for the prompt.
>
> Please proceed, there have been no objections.
>
> Barbara will send you some paperwork that you will need to complete prior to taking up your membership slot.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Bruce
>

>> On 5 Oct 2017, at 10:36 pm, Even Rouault <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Gentle ping to know what is required to make this moving forward.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Even
>>
>>> Hi,

>>> Thanks. Should we wait for Arnulf's opinion too ?
>>>
>>> Even
>>

>> --
>> Spatialys - Geospatial professional services
>> http://www.spatialys.com

Spatially enabling your business
http://metaspatial.net

Re: OGC Personal Memberships

Jachym Cepicky
thank you all

On vendredi 6 octobre 2017 09:10:51 CEST Arnulf Christl (Metaspatial) wrote:

> Folks,

> I have been away for some time, sorry for the delay. Jachym privately

> pinged me yesterday night to wake up.

> Thanks Bruce for going ahead. There are no objections from my side for

> Even to use one of the Open OSGeo Slots.

Hi,

Thank you.

Best regards,

Even

http://www.spatialys.com

Re: OGC Personal Memberships

Scott Simmons
Hi Even,

I will get you in touch with Barbara in OGC and we can then process your participation.

Best Regards,
Scott

Scott Simmons
Executive Director, Standards Program