OAI/PMH Harvesting - result

hoddih
Hello ......again.

I appreciate your help very much. Thanks for that.

I managed to harvest from GBIF to our Geonetwork using OAI protocol with help from you and GBIF.

Result: http://geo.abds.is/geonetwork/srv/eng/catalog.search#/search?resultType=details&sortBy=relevance&from=1&to=20&fast=index&_content_type=json&_cat=GBIF

The results is almost fine! There is a two think missing. If you open some dataset.
 1. The description for the datasets is missing
 2. link to the original dataset. To GBIF etc.

About point 2 here above. There is a Identifier field that give a ID. Is it possible to have it a link to gbif?

Example.
Geonetwork link to dataset harvested from GBIF:  http://geo.abds.is/geonetwork/srv/eng/catalog.search#/metadata/59876921-fda6-4fd5-af5d-cba2a7152527

Identifier     59876921-fda6-4fd5-af5d-cba2a7152527

If it can be changed to  http://www.gbif.org/dataset/59876921-fda6-4fd5-af5d-cba2a7152527 as a link!

If I download and look to the metadata the URL is there.

Best regards.
Hoddi

Re: OAI/PMH Harvesting - result

Jorge Samuel Mendes de Jesus
Hi Hoddi

I looked at your GN3, your record is described using  Dublin Core
standard and therefore some descriptions are missing (example URL download).

I think  for a complete harvest you should use the EML standards from
GSIB. I think GN supports EML

http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Add-schema-EML-on-geonetwork-td5172454.html

But not certain about harvesting. Can you try to set the harvest to use
EML instead of

metadataPrefix --> eml

Cheers
Jorge

On 16-11-16 15:21, hoddih wrote:

> Hello ......again.
>
> I appreciate your help very much. Thanks for that.
>
> I managed to harvest from GBIF to our Geonetwork using OAI protocol with
> help from you and GBIF.
>
> Result:
> http://geo.abds.is/geonetwork/srv/eng/catalog.search#/search?resultType=details&sortBy=relevance&from=1&to=20&fast=index&_content_type=json&_cat=GBIF
>
> The results is almost fine! There is a two think missing. If you open some
> dataset.
>  1. The description for the datasets is missing
>  2. link to the original dataset. To GBIF etc.
>
> About point 2 here above. There is a Identifier field that give a ID. Is it
> possible to have it a link to gbif?
>
> Example.
> Geonetwork link to dataset harvested from GBIF:
> http://geo.abds.is/geonetwork/srv/eng/catalog.search#/metadata/59876921-fda6-4fd5-af5d-cba2a7152527
>
> Identifier     59876921-fda6-4fd5-af5d-cba2a7152527
>
> If it can be changed to
> http://www.gbif.org/dataset/59876921-fda6-4fd5-af5d-cba2a7152527 as a link!
>
> If I download and look to the metadata the URL is there.
>

> Best regards.
> Hoddi

ISRIC - World Soil Information
Post: PO box 353, 6700 AJ, Wageningen,
The Netherlands Visiting Address: Droevendaalsesteeg 3, 6708 PB
Wageningen (Bdg. 101),
Office: C.013
Office Phone: +31 (0) 317 4 83715
Mobile Phone: +31 (0) 613 9 06950
Skype: jorge.de.jesus (Jorge Samuel Mendes de Jesus)
OpenPGPKey: 0xA3D0065A

Re: OAI/PMH Harvesting - result

Frederic Jacon
Hello,

We (Camptocamp) may be in a position to help you.

Would you be available for a conf call next Monday, February 20th afternoon ?

best,